Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This is just a thread about how Lucky I was investing in TSLA on 1/31/20.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First I don't have much money. And I don't need advice. I have a friend who is an analyst of the Market and he advised me to NOT but TSLA at that time because I had "already missed the ride." He advised me to stay in my China stocks, which make up most of my meager (less than $100,000 portfolio..well less than $100k till TSLA blew the Fck up). But I was concerned about the coronavirus impacting my stocks so I bailed on that strategy. Since then my Chinese stocks would have still gone up by less than 1%.
And what to do with the meager sum? Well so many idiots (affectionately referred to as idiots) in the two tesla forums I read stated they had bought TSLA stock to cover the time when they have to pay for their Cyber. Stupid Idea. A real Stupid stupid idea. I know, right?
But it sounded so cool. I mean if you believe in something...put your money where your mouth is... buy what you know....
And last, if you're wrong then you're wrong, but if you were right and you didn't do what you felt was right then you are mentally screwed. Big Ee hooked me with the Cyber (I still can't write "truck" as part of the name.). Plain and simple I have always loved honesty. The skins on cars are just lies. Period. A Huyunda can look just like a Mercedes. An economy car can look like a million bucks. I hate the lies. And then Someone just said "Fock it. Make an automobile do stuff, instead of look like stuff." And my way of thinking materialized in an object I could own. I have never identified with a car. Period. Now I do.
One more thing, I tell my friends this is what you have todo to be a good friend to anyone. "Do what you Say." I also tell it to people who are no longer my friend. Cars with colors and forms just to look good don't do what they say.
So I bought 110 shares of TSLA for $644 on the morning of january 31 2020, TOTAL $70,817. right now five days later I have paid for half my 2m FSD because that stock is worth $100,700. A $30,000 increase in 5-6 days on a $71,000 investment.
Heck at this rate I might be able to afford the 3M FSD Cyber.
BTW I thought you guys that told about having the hope of your TSLA stock paying for your Cyber were crazy.

Reactions: house9
I mean if you believe in something...put your money where your mouth is...

Hell yes! It is a great feeling to be able to invest in a company that you believe in and not just do it to try and make money.

First I don't have much money.

So I bought 110 shares of TSLA for $644 on the morning of january 31 2020, TOTAL $70,817

I guess 'much money' is relative - LOL, having 70,000 to invest means you are doing well.

A $30,000 increase in 5-6 days on a $71,000 investment.

Well done!

I was able to pick up 18 shares over that past 8 months and made $10,000 - but no way am I selling:

- 01/15/20 3 of TSLA @ $533.0635
- 01/03/20 1 of TSLA @ $440.01
- 12/17/19 3 of TSLA @ $379.1075
- 10/09/19 4 of TSLA @ $246.35
- 09/04/19 4 of TSLA @ $226.89
- 07/12/19 3 of TSLA @ $242.64

Reactions: lafrisbee
yeah it feels damn good... but really I wish the "knuckleheads" that were talking about the stock on the cyber threads would come in here and tell me they were the ones that posted that they were buying TSLA so when it grew it would pay for their trucks. I'd sincerely like to thank those very very dumb guys...at least that's what my investor advisor told me when I was thinking about doing this.

Bought 10 shares TSLA on Dec 4, 2013 at $140. It’s the only individual stock I’ve ever bought - otherwise I am a Boglehead who likes broadly diversified, low cost index funds only. That $1400 is worth $8870.60 as close of market today (it was an unbelievable $9689.90 at its high today). Almost wish I’d bought a lot more for my little experiment back in the day...