Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

this is new to me "Driving visualization temporarily degraded"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This came up on the screen during a drive today. Car stopped visualizing it's environment for about 30 seconds. But, it kept on driving in AutoPilot on a curvy road like a champ. It truly was only the visualization that was degraded.

And like 2 seconds after I took this photo, everything came back.

And yes, I brush my teeth in the car.

IMG_1790.jpeg

• Funny
Reactions: Carolina Karl
Do you stop... or just brush while driving? Where do you rinse and spit? Why does it have to be front and center in your reach attached to the prime spot on the screen? Where is the toothpaste? I have so many questions!!!
while driving. I'm allergic to most toothpaste, so I don't use it, which means I don't have to spit. I rise with Diet Coke ;-}

It's just as bad at home....
IMG_1792.jpg

Man those windows need a nice polish and clean! My OCD would make me crazy. Perhaps try to clean the windows and side camera's as a first step? I've found Tesla glass scratches pretty easy too and can see windshield wiper marks on that windshield. Removing scratches is possible but takes a ton of time and effort to do so. I had to spend 10 hours with a polisher and Ceriglass to get mine flawless before applying a protective layer (Kamikaze Intenso)

Does that mean your teeth are awful, or amazing? This is an OCD thing right? What is your trigger? Is it red lights? No wait, yellow lights?
Teeth are pretty good ;-} My freshman year in college there was a guy down the hall who I'm fairly certain had never used a toothbrush. He no longer had individual teeth - they had turned into a solid mass of gross. It's a good reminder to brush your teeth!

My whole family has an aversion to brushing our teeth in the bathroom for some reason. Mom wanders through the house brushing. When dad was alive, he used the kitchen sink. And I brush my teeth when I'm near a computer screen ;-}

Man those windows need a nice polish and clean! My OCD would make me crazy. Perhaps try to clean the windows and side camera's as a first step? I've found Tesla glass scratches pretty easy too and can see windshield wiper marks on that windshield. Removing scratches is possible but takes a ton of time and effort to do so. I had to spend 10 hours with a polisher and Ceriglass to get mine flawless before applying a protective layer (Kamikaze Intenso)
Oh, it needs a wash. The marks are just dirt. All that stupid ash....... You wash, and the next day the car looks horrible again.

Teeth are pretty good ;-} My freshman year in college there was a guy down the hall who I'm fairly certain had never used a toothbrush. He no longer had individual teeth - they had turned into a solid mass of gross. It's a good reminder to brush your teeth!

Oh, it needs a wash. The marks are just dirt. All that stupid ash....... You wash, and the next day the car looks horrible again.

I hear ya. I grew up in San Mateo and my family sends me photos daily. Crazy stuff. All the more reason to have protective coatings for windows and the car to prevent contaminants sticking, etching, etc. Glass is porous and this stuff can cause problems quickly.

How happy are you with the ceriglas and inferno? Was it worth the effort?

Well I had 100's of scratches due to some idiots who detailed the car with probably a dirty microfiber or even worse abrasive sponge to the windows. And only noticed it far too late before I could then go back to them to seek compensation. It was either replace ALL the glass on the car or just suck it up and do the job myself. I went for it and it was a brutal job and labor intensive but I got it done. The glass looks absolutely stunning now and invisible. The Kamikaze Intenso is pretty pricey but the beading is insane. Almost never use the wipers at all and it can really rain here.