Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This is not a rant , this is a friendly note to future Norwegian Tesla owners.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At the company i work these number of delivery time and customer service satisfaction would mean closing down or at least firing several executives and giving some serious focus on their needing areas.

I'm curious: which company do you work for? I think this would be interesting to know as it sounds Tesla (or specifically "Musk" as you refer to their CEO) can really learn from them!

I'm curious: which company do you work for? I think this would be interesting to know as it sounds Tesla (or specifically "Musk" as you refer to their CEO) can really learn from them!

It is really not related to the car industry but we do work with new build custom industrial automation systems and aftermarket support for our systems so in some great sense we have similarly demanding customers (maybe much more demanding when a series production line stops because of a spare part failing and you cannot absolutely say the word: it will be here in X WEEKS... unless you want to get shot or fired- from a canon).

I refer to Tesla in Musks name cause he is Tesla.... he is the showman, the idea, the pioneer and the executioner. So saying Tesla when he calls 70% of the shots is a bit like blaming Mickey Mouse for Walt Disney's decisions...

It is really not related to the car industry...

Sorry to hear. Would have been nice if "Musk" could have learned more from your company.

I refer to Tesla in Musks name cause he is Tesla.... he is the showman, the idea, the pioneer and the executioner. So saying Tesla when he calls 70% of the shots is a bit like blaming Mickey Mouse for Walt Disney's decisions...

Perhaps that's part of the problem here? Many people personify Tesla into Elon Musk (and hence treat Tesla as one of his "Mickey Mice"o_O). The reality of course is that Tesla Inc. has become (or at least: should be!) so much more than Elon Musk as its Founder/CEO alone.

Assuming the intent of your post ("not a rant but a friendly note to future Norwegian Tesla owners") is to make Tesla(s) as a whole a better experience for your fellow Norwegians, perhaps find out who heads-up Tesla Norway and discuss things with him/her? He/she will have access (direct or indirect) to Tesla's executive team and may be able to establish change.

Hope you succeed in your quest. You certainly point out some valid points on things that should be improved that are shared by many in the community (and I could add a few more from my experiences as an owner). If you do succeed, you will not only have the thanks from future Tesla owners in Norway but from Tesla owners around the world.

Reactions: thewallaby
Sorry to hear. Would have been nice if "Musk" could have learned more from your company.

Perhaps that's part of the problem here? Many people personify Tesla into Elon Musk (and hence treat Tesla as one of his "Mickey Mice"o_O). The reality of course is that Tesla Inc. has become (or at least: should be!) so much more than Elon Musk as its Founder/CEO alone.

Assuming the intent of your post ("not a rant but a friendly note to future Norwegian Tesla owners") is to make Tesla(s) as a whole a better experience for your fellow Norwegians, perhaps find out who heads-up Tesla Norway and discuss things with him/her? He/she will have access (direct or indirect) to Tesla's executive team and may be able to establish change.

Hope you succeed in your quest. You certainly point out some valid points on things that should be improved that are shared by many in the community (and I could add a few more from my experiences as an owner). If you do succeed, you will not only have the thanks from future Tesla owners in Norway but from Tesla owners around the world.

Not really just that.

Elon Musk is actually now the new @JonMc according to Tesla, after the latter left, aka service feedback falls into his domain.

Exactly, if Tesla Norway understood that they have a great responsibility to not drop the ball on the Tesla revolution that is taking place in Norway by offering good quality and timely service then i would feel more confident sticking with Tesla.

Teslas vision is great but the execution lacks commitment from A to Z. When one sells a great product they also have to be equipped to deliver equally great support, especially when that product is so new, pioneering and advance as the one offered by Tesla, or else in a short period of time the vision will crumble from claims, law suits, people without cars for many weeks/months, unhappy customers and thus drop in sales.

Tesla yesterday confirmed that they completed their 300.000th production car. They are therefore no longer a 'baby' company. They need to start thinking a bit further than just new sales and market saturation and start putting their feet solid in the ground. It is time.

Reactions: AmpedRealtor
Yeah i might as well... but you know i do not see the point anymore. Space X and m3 is the biggest prio now. Noone even cares about earlier than 2015 model S owners as far as i gather from the general info and lately developments.
Or maybe you mean, buy a new 2017 P100D and then complain to Musk? Yeah. On my way. :D:D:D
You shouldn't feel that way. I own a 2013 P85 and I receive EXCELLENT and OUTSTANDING service from my local Tesla service. They are nicer to me than my own family! lol... What you are experiencing is unique to your location, someone should be made aware.

Try first sending an email to [email protected].

The complaints about service from the OP are certainly valid. While Tesla makes great cars, if they do not provide acceptable service, they will ultimately fail. The service experience here is clearly unacceptable on so many levels. My experiences here in the US have been great, but I would be equally upset if I had the problems the OP has experienced. I think his rating for service should have been 1/10.

Reactions: thewallaby
You shouldn't feel that way. I own a 2013 P85 and I receive EXCELLENT and OUTSTANDING service from my local Tesla service. They are nicer to me than my own family! lol... What you are experiencing is unique to your location, someone should be made aware.

Try first sending an email to [email protected].
Tried several times but all he can think now is flamethrowers. Seriously i have even escalated the case through the website in November and nothing. Not even a courtesy e-mail from Tesla Norway. Nothing. Completely ignored.
Now i have been trying to close an appointment for the seat sensor they wont even talk to me. ( we will call you back cause we need to escalate it and get it approved ). This also since October. No word until today.
Tesla Norway service is non existing. Unless you buy a brand new P100D , then they kiss your butt for a couple of months and then you get the could shoulder treatment cause you dont have a new car anymore.
Another colleague confirmed bad service experience just last week (got his car back on friday after waiting for 2 weeks to adjust the wing door latching... )

Well i guess ranting works. Also spaming Elon with link to this rant 10 times in the last few days possibly helps too.
Because i like to be fair here is the e-mail i received a few hours ago. And true to my word since they are doing something about it I will stick it with Tesla for the time being. I also got a call on saturday saying my car should be ready this week.

Roughly translated from Norwegian: (google translate)

It is amazing to see the growing interest in whole-electric family cars, which has led to a significant increase in the number of Tesla's on the road in Norway. We are aware that it has recently been longer to get service at some of our locations. Tesla wishes to share what steps we are taking this year to dramatically increase our service capabilities and ensure that we deliver an excellent service experience at any given time. The good news is that all the grips have already been started, with solid support from the Tesla team in Norway and globally.

We will open a massive new service center in the Oslo area in 2018. It will increase our footprint with over 150% in the region. We will also expand our service center in Bergen.
We are gradually doubling the staffing and timetables at our main locations in Norway, which will allow longer opening hours and greater ability to serve customers.
70% of repairs do not require the customer to enter a service center. So far we have 14 Mobile Service vehicles on the road. This corresponds to the capacity of three service centers, and lets us deliver world-class service where the customer is.
We are rapidly rolling out Remote Diagnostics and wireless service features that will further reduce the need for the customer to visit a service center.
We will employ more than 300 new service employees in Norway in 2018, which will further improve our service capacity.

• Helpful
Reactions: GaryW and Kant.Ing