Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This is Tesla’s most popular car color

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Precisely. The sea of boring monochromatic vehicles on the 405 FWY is depressing. I think people go for 'colors' that look great in a showroom or in a driveway. They forget that the 'values' they actually choose are low visibility while in motion. Too many sharks and sleepers in the water. So ultimately you can't tell one from the other against a background of gray.

Which is exactly why i love Red.

Lime, Mint, Orange Candy and Electric Blue
I would have bought any of these. Though my preferences are Banana Yellow and top of all, Lavender.

- - - Updated - - -

We keep hearing about how Tesla will have the most advanced paint shop in the world or some such thing,
Tesla actually shut up about this a while back. They are currently using a plain old paint shop which is decades out of date in technology, basically the NUMMI shop unmodified.

if that's really the case they should be able to let you pick ANY colour, just give them the CMYK values and if you want metallic, gloss, flat, or multi-coat.
Paint-to-sample is the way to go for the future. I hope they manage to pull this off with a new paint shop because it would be really, really popular.

It's said that Tesla already will do this, but they charge a fortune for it, any idea what Porsche charges for that?
Last I heard, Porsche charges something like $5500. I don't think they let you pick any color (certainly not by CMYK value or Pantone #) - you have to select one from their very large palette (ie, one that they know how to mix successfully). But it's a big palette and not hard to find something pretty close to your target.

I'm not sure about mint, but the other three are great. Had enough silver and gray for the decade.
Which decade are we talking about? :)

imaccolors.jpg

So with ray being their second most popular color, why did they discontinue that and silver? What they are currently calling midnight gray or whatever might as well be black.

It's disappointing they removed both silver and a medium or light gray.