Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This Is The Model 3 Pre-Order Gift

Was this the pre-order gift you expected?

• Yes

Votes: 181 67.5%
  • No

Votes: 87 32.5%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got this in the mail today. (Obligatory long-time lurker, first-time poster comment). So it's cool, but not what some people were expecting. I'm somewhat glad it's not more extravagant. Personally, I'd rather they spent the money on car development anyway. :)

Attachments

• WP_20160618_13_47_29_Pro.jpg
    WP_20160618_13_47_29_Pro.jpg
    411.2 KB · Views: 2,577
First I heard of it but it makes sense: like you said: "I rather they spend money on car production and development than kissing customer ass like luxury brands otherwise do (Ferrari, Porsche, Lamborghini, to some extent Daimler, BMW, Audi, and GM (Cadillac) and Ford (Lincoln). Tesla customers understand they are valued because they are inherently smarter than the general population.". (We'll this wasn't said but it's what I understood).

Post below point in case everyone: this is how people who went to stand in line feel.

Last edited:
I got this in the mail today. (Obligatory long-time lurker, first-time poster comment). So it's cool, but not what some people were expecting. I'm somewhat glad it's not more extravagant. Personally, I'd rather they spent the money on car development anyway. :)

Excellent. This will be added to my collection of original Tesla artwork. :cool:
I was hoping that it would be the same size as the Model S and X prints, 11x17.

Model 3 poster.jpg

Reactions: Red Sage
Quite disappointing really....

@Jay1001,

Are you Serious??? I mean you are among the first on the list to receive this groundbreaking, history making car. I would kill to be in your position. Unfortunately I'm like 275,000 on the list. What more do you want? Some people are unbelievable. Greed personified. How ungracious. Some things are never enough for some people. How about you just cancel your reservation since Elon hasn't done 'enough for you' and I move up one in line. Thanks in Advance.

Your response is 'disappointing'.

Rant over.

Ski

There were 2 gifts discussed - 1 for line-waiters the day of, and 1 for those who reserved a Model 3 in any case. Not that any of us waiting in line that first day expected anything other than reasonable prompt order processing (which did in fact occur). Those at the Century City location got a nice treat when Elon showed up to say hi and thanks - pretty classy gesture, that.

The more optimistic and pragmatic amongst us floated the idea of a free or discounted (oh, gosh, there's that word again) configurable option at Design Studio time for those who braved the elements in the wee hours to sign up and make history in the process. No shipping or sizing expense required. Simple software toggle. Separately, a gift for the masses about a year from now would revitalize the reservation holders in anticipation of the 2nd reveal event. Since that thinking, Elon accelerated the schedule; it still seems reasonable that the order of events will include:

1. A mailing of some sort to all reservation holders (see 2nd gift indication above, which would be the first gift for them) - who knows - maybe the OP is that and they'll just move on.
2. 2nd reveal event.
3. Design Studio launch for the public (separate from the, by then, 20,000 employee orders for themselves or family)

Conventional thinking resulted in the supposition that a whole bunch of hats, mugs, or scale models might wend their way through the fulfillment process instead. Near the top of the list would be some version of the artwork handed out at the first reveal event. And so it appears the latter is indeed the case. Hey, it's certainly framable as an office chotchky.

It's going to be a busy 18 months, yep. Hard to believe Elon's supplier deadline in the sand (mid-year 2017) is now only about 12 months away. From that point to employee cars to the first public units is going to (hopefully) go pretty quick - six to nine months, I'm thinking, but I do hope to be pleasantly surprised. Even that timeline is, by any measure, aggressive. But hey, if Henry Ford could ramp up quickly, and if the current factory has already at one time cranked out 10,000 units/week, then I like Elon's chances.

I like it, and is exactly what I thought it would be after I heard about the attendees at the launch event getting them.

There are hundreds of thousands of preorders, what did some people expect? A gold watch?

Same schmucks who are fooling tjemselves they're waiting in line for a $35k car ;)

I got a similar style of picture of my BMW X5, AFTER it was paid off (thanks BMW :rolleyes:).
I got a birth video (on VHS) with my 1989 Honda Civic hatch. Showed the robotic manufacturing process and in the end a model drove a red one out the gates to the waiting transporter. Mine was red too, so that had to be it.

That any company thinks to say thanks in some way is a welcome thing imo.