Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This Is The Model 3 Pre-Order Gift

Was this the pre-order gift you expected?

• Yes

Votes: 181 67.5%
  • No

Votes: 87 32.5%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Two friends and I each made our reservations on the 31st. Two of us placed our reservations at the Denver store. The other friend was on vacation in Australia, not close to a physical store. He made his reservation online right before the unveiling. The two of us who ordered through the Denver store received the prints. The one who ordered online didn't...at least not yet.

EM clearly said the gift was for those who "waited in line" iirc.

Yes, that's exactly why I pointed out that not all who ordered the first day received the prints.

Some here were postulating that all reservations were receiving the prints and that those who stood in line would get something else, such as a model car. I don't think we've seen anyone who only ordered online report they've received the prints.

Last edited:
Yes, that's exactly why I pointed out that not all who ordered the first day received the prints.

Some here were postulating that all reservations were receiving the prints and that those who stood in line would get something else, such as a model car. I don't think we've seen anyone who only ordered online report they've received the prints.

Not everyone who ordered in store on 3/31 has gotten a print yet either. Just sayin'... Too soon to jump to any conclusions about who's getting what.

Reactions: TaoJones
Not everyone who ordered in store on 3/31 has gotten a print yet either. Just sayin'... Too soon to jump to any conclusions about who's getting what.

So true. And since only 7% of reservations were made by existing owners... Who knows how or what they'll send to whom in the end.

Or the whole thing could have been delegated to an intern who is unaware of the nuances and we're all going to get prints and that will be that.

The real gifts will be the 2nd reveal (for the clarifications thereduring) and whether all the employees get their chariots by year-end 2017 (thus clearing the way for fully-optioned CA owners' cars in Q1 2018). Now that would be a remarkable gift for the line-waiters right there.

So true. And since only 7% of reservations were made by existing owners... Who knows how or what they'll send to whom in the end.

Or the whole thing could have been delegated to an intern who is unaware of the nuances and we're all going to get prints and that will be that.

The real gifts will be the 2nd reveal (for the clarifications thereduring) and whether all the employees get their chariots by year-end 2017 (thus clearing the way for fully-optioned CA owners' cars in Q1 2018). Now that would be a remarkable gift for the line-waiters right there.
What does an existing owner have to do with receiving a gift?