Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This Is The Model 3 Pre-Order Gift

Was this the pre-order gift you expected?

• Yes

Votes: 181 67.5%
  • No

Votes: 87 32.5%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's a nice gesture - wonder what gift those who waited in line are going to get.
coke-have-a-smile.jpg

Maybe we will get a T-shirt. via email.

• Disagree
Reactions: MTL_HABS1909
I'd like to teach the world to sing
In perfect harmony
I'd like to buy each one a car
A beautiful EV
(It's a Tesla thing)
Well done!

I also like the old National Lampoon version:

"I'd like to buy the world a coke
And tell it jokes and stuff
Then pull its pants down to its knees
And chase it through the rough..."

(Pretty sure it gets even worse from there, but that is all I can remember and Google isn't helping)

• Funny
Reactions: TaoJones
Plastic is oil based... Kinda weird how a plastic dinosaur could be made out of real dinosaur. Perhaps his friends and family were plastically reincarnated as well? ;)

Yeah, it's a rather profound thought. Although the majority of the source material would be plain old boring plants. --So more like a big dinosaur Caesar salad, probably tastes like chicken anyways.

• Funny
Reactions: Model 3
I received this a few days ago, but I didn't make my reservation until May 7th.

Stood in line in Palm Springs, placed order within the first 5 minutes, and nada yet.

Still hoping for a nice simple configurable option or code for the line waiters. Executable only upon ordering the car, that would be elegantly simple - rather like the SC network without poo-poo.

No postage, no wacky fulfillment process, no sizing, and no production costs.

Even simpler would be what HP used to do for their teams that came in ahead of time and within budget for key projects - a code or similar to buy one of whatever from the accessory store. However, that wouldn't work in this case as there is some subset of 115,000 line waiters.

So back to the configurable option or code. The *what* is the question, as the how is straightforward.

Would prefer whatever it is to be inexpensive and to not incur thousands of hours of labor and commensurate fulfillment dollars to get done. No mugs, no t-shirts, and as much as I love the scale cars.... No.

And tying whatever it is to the actual purchase of a car seems not only fair but beneficial from an accounting standpoint. Again, I defer to those who do that sort of thing for a living.

Maybe 5 annual servicings for the price of 4 if buying the package? An introductory price for the ESA as they had for the S?

Stood in line in Palm Springs, placed order within the first 5 minutes, and nada yet.

Still hoping for a nice simple configurable option or code for the line waiters. Executable only upon ordering the car, that would be elegantly simple - rather like the SC network without poo-poo.

No postage, no wacky fulfillment process, no sizing, and no production costs.

Even simpler would be what HP used to do for their teams that came in ahead of time and within budget for key projects - a code or similar to buy one of whatever from the accessory store. However, that wouldn't work in this case as there is some subset of 115,000 line waiters.

So back to the configurable option or code. The *what* is the question, as the how is straightforward.

Would prefer whatever it is to be inexpensive and to not incur thousands of hours of labor and commensurate fulfillment dollars to get done. No mugs, no t-shirts, and as much as I love the scale cars.... No.

And tying whatever it is to the actual purchase of a car seems not only fair but beneficial from an accounting standpoint. Again, I defer to those who do that sort of thing for a living.

Maybe 5 annual servicings for the price of 4 if buying the package? An introductory price for the ESA as they had for the S?
I like every gift you listed.

I got mine. The mailman delivered it to the wrong address. Happily my neighbor was nice enough to bring it over.

Since I wasn't standing in line (I live too far away) and ordered when online ordering opened, I never expected to even get a prize. So it came as a happy surprise. Thanks, Tesla Team. I wish I could afford to have bought a Model S and support the company years ago. I'm happy to contribute at this critical time for the company and get a great vehicle, I expect.