Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This Is The Model 3 Pre-Order Gift

Was this the pre-order gift you expected?

• Yes

Votes: 181 67.5%
  • No

Votes: 87 32.5%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here's a thought to stir up some debate.

I wonder if the order we are receiving these gifts in any way resembles the order of delivery of the cars?

Dan
Definitely yes. As with the gifts, not everyone will receive their cars at the same time. Some will receive them before others; whereas, some will receive them after others. Some, who reserved before others, will wonder why they hadn't received their cars yet even though others, who reserved later, will have already received theirs. At times, it will seem there's no rhyme or reason to the order in which cars are delivered... just as with the gifts. :)

• Funny
Reactions: Nevek
Stood in line in Palm Springs, placed order within the first 5 minutes, and nada yet.

Still hoping for a nice simple configurable option or code for the line waiters. Executable only upon ordering the car, that would be elegantly simple - rather like the SC network without poo-poo.

No postage, no wacky fulfillment process, no sizing, and no production costs.

Even simpler would be what HP used to do for their teams that came in ahead of time and within budget for key projects - a code or similar to buy one of whatever from the accessory store. However, that wouldn't work in this case as there is some subset of 115,000 line waiters.

So back to the configurable option or code. The *what* is the question, as the how is straightforward.

Would prefer whatever it is to be inexpensive and to not incur thousands of hours of labor and commensurate fulfillment dollars to get done. No mugs, no t-shirts, and as much as I love the scale cars.... No.

And tying whatever it is to the actual purchase of a car seems not only fair but beneficial from an accounting standpoint. Again, I defer to those who do that sort of thing for a living.

Maybe 5 annual servicings for the price of 4 if buying the package? An introductory price for the ESA as they had for the S?

There are a lot of people that waited in line that have already received the prints and thank you card in the mail so that looks like it is going to everyone that reserved. There has been no mention of what the gift for line waiters is going to be except for a tweet about a scale model version. Which could explain why no one has seen one yet since they only recently completed the final design.

I would think that Tesla shareholders would have a problem with giving away options for free, even the least expensive option (probably an accesory tow hitch) given to only 100,000 would still be in the area of 20 million dollars. It could be a voucher or something to the online store, or redeemable at your local store, that would save on fullfillment costs and still give the recipient some control over what they get.

There are a lot of people that waited in line that have already received the prints and thank you card in the mail so that looks like it is going to everyone that reserved. There has been no mention of what the gift for line waiters is going to be except for a tweet about a scale model version. Which could explain why no one has seen one yet since they only recently completed the final design.

I would think that Tesla shareholders would have a problem with giving away options for free, even the least expensive option (probably an accesory tow hitch) given to only 100,000 would still be in the area of 20 million dollars. It could be a voucher or something to the online store, or redeemable at your local store, that would save on fullfillment costs and still give the recipient some control over what they get.

As one of those shareholders and line waiters, I'm good with not spending a million dollars for postcards, which were also "free".

Am also good with offering a choice as follows:

Either a configurable option available during the design studio process (can be something unique but easily managed - colored badging maybe, although the previously-mentioned options cost Tesla nothing, relatively speaking) *or* a code for a mystery item available at delivery or pickup. When I picked up my car, there were 2 scarves on the seats - came in very handy as it was cold that week.

Doesn't have to be expensive. Frankly, just recognizing the historic dedication, sight unseen at that point, was very kind and meant as much or more than any postcard or as-yet unseen linewaiting item or feature would.

It's just fun to think about, given Tesla's penchant for design and interest in being predictably unpredictable.

Reactions: SΞXY P100D
Doesn't have to be expensive. Frankly, just recognizing the historic dedication, sight unseen at that point, was very kind and meant as much or more than any postcard or as-yet unseen linewaiting item or feature would.

It's just fun to think about, given Tesla's penchant for design and interest in being predictably unpredictable.

How about a small folding chair with an integrated umbrella? It could come with a card that says "Thanks for waiting in our line. This is for all your future line waiting needs" :)

[QUOTE="dsvick, post: 1683080, member: 49130"]There are a lot of people that waited in line that have already received the prints and thank you card in the mail so that looks like it is going to everyone that reserved. There has been no mention of what the gift for line waiters is going to be except for a tweet about a scale model version. Which could explain why no one has seen one yet since they only recently completed the final design.

I would think that Tesla shareholders would have a problem with giving away options for free, even the least expensive option (probably an accesory tow hitch) given to only 100,000 would still be in the area of 20 million dollars. It could be a voucher or something to the online store, or redeemable at your local store, that would save on fullfillment costs and still give the recipient some control over what they get.[/QUOTE]

I hope not! I waited in line and place my order around 10:00 or so in Colorado and I have yet to receive a gift.

[QUOTE="dsvick, post: 1683080, member: 49130"]There are a lot of people that waited in line that have already received the prints and thank you card in the mail so that looks like it is going to everyone that reserved. There has been no mention of what the gift for line waiters is going to be except for a tweet about a scale model version. Which could explain why no one has seen one yet since they only recently completed the final design.

I hope not! I waited in line and place my order around 10:00 or so in Colorado and I have yet to receive a gift.[/QUOTE]

I waited in line in CO and I received the prints already