TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

This is the ultimate winter car

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Magus, Dec 15, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Magus

Magus Member

Just watched Star Wars and it snowed outside. I have been using camper mode in my 100D whenever it snows, being in public for less than half a day, and hours before leaving. My car is warm, toasty, and ready to go. It’s halfway into December in Minnesota and I have yet to use my windshield scraper. It’s actually at home. Not green, but it turns out in MN winters the wind mix is strong and the greenest for the year.

Love my Tesla. Always a nice surprise around the corner. Never fails to perform.

Attached Files:

• Like x 1
  2. Plan B

Plan B Active Member

I saw Star Wars today too, yawn.

3. ytwytw

ytwytw Member

I have remote starter for my Mercedes... just need to produce some CO and CO2 to warm the car
    LOL

4. Lasttoy

Lasttoy Active Member

I know it's not cold down here, but that was cool to get in a warm car at 6am. I bet the dual cars are fun in the snow.

5. Derek Kessler

Derek Kessler Active Member

Well, there at least not as prone to being terrifying as a heavy RWD car can be. As long as you take it slow and smart and have good tires it's not that bad.

6. AdamHLG

AdamHLG Member

I'm typically not nervous driving in snow myself. Slow and steady is the rule. I'm worried the guy in the other car from the other direction.... you know the one going 10 miles per hour too fast approaching the curve ahead of you, is going to fishtail into my lane and smack into my car when I didn't do anything but drive perfectly. Source: Happened to me 20 years ago with 1 week old car.

7. peteyswift

peteyswift Member

Chill mode and low regen in winter weather is also awesome.

• Like x 1
  8. Mjølner

Mjølner Member

Living in Norway with enough snow in the winter. Since I got my first Tesla four years ago, I haven`t used a scraper at all.

• Informative x 1
  9. boelkers

boelkers Member

This is my first winter with my X as well in MN and I have yet to use my scraper. I love using camper mode when I go into a store for 10 or 15 mins. Keeps the car nice and warm and my wife stays happy as she hates the cold.

• Like x 1