Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This is what getting sideswiped in a Model 3 looks like

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For me the only outstanding question then is the San Joaquin Valley Drive Clean rebate (for which I have to send yearly reports as well with my insurance information, so it would be impossible to hide, not that I would).

And from that rebate:

Applicant shall retain ownership and maintain insurance (as required by CA state law) of the new vehicle for
a minimum of 30 consecutive months immediately after the vehicle purchase or lease date. Applicant must
immediately notify the District in writing if the following occurs within this 30-month period:
  • Vehicle is deemed a total loss due to an accident or vandalism.
In each of these instances, the District reserves the right to recoup all or a pro-rated amount of the original rebate
amount from the applicant and/or pursue any other legal actions deemed appropriate.

So you would just need to contact them to see how to proceed.

Thanks for this information. So it looks like I'm good on CVRP, federal tax credit and PG&E credit. For me the only outstanding question then is the San Joaquin Valley Drive Clean rebate (for which I have to send yearly reports as well with my insurance information, so it would be impossible to hide, not that I would).

I did hear back from the insurance adjuster though, and as far as they can see right now (but they are going to have to start dismantle the car to see if there are any hidden damages they can't see right now) it looks like it is going to be possible to repair it.

I think I'd rather have it be totaled, get another set of 3-4 rebates/credits, and have a car with a clean history. Have you any idea how long they are going to take to repair it? Hopefully the truck's insurance will cover your rental car....

• Informative
Reactions: Les Mann
Also glad you're okay. Just had a slow-speed collision myself. Accelerated around a curve onto an on-ramp to see a Jeep stopped in front of me. Brakes weren't quite enough. Needed another 5 feet or so. Sheep's fine. My Model 3 is a mess. Gonna be at a body shop for weeks. Just hoping it gets back to New condition - just got it last Christmas. 0419191156.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: MarcoRP
Also glad you're okay. Just had a slow-speed collision myself. Accelerated around a curve onto an on-ramp to see a Jeep stopped in front of me. Brakes weren't quite enough. Needed another 5 feet or so. Sheep's fine. My Model 3 is a mess. Gonna be at a body shop for weeks. Just hoping it gets back to New condition - just got it last Christmas.View attachment 398897

Was that a sheep or a Jeep? If its a sheep, I'm surprised it survived. If it's a Jeep, I'd expect bumper damage.

• Funny
Reactions: MarcoRP