Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This is why we can't have nice things!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is why we can't have nice things. Some neanderthal decides my M3 would look better with a certain offensive WWII symbol on the bonnet.

Too deep to polish out - difficult to photograph in flat light, but it's through to the primer.

Any good body shop recommendations in SW London / Kingston? I'll be paying for this one myself.

IMG20220403150319.jpg

Bad luck Alex - there but for the grace of God and all that...

Is it worth talking to a 'smart' repairer first? I had a couple of scratches sorted on mine and the results were fabulous. Damage wasn't as extensive as yours of course, but could still be a viable option?

This is why we can't have nice things. Some neanderthal decides my M3 would look better with a certain offensive WWII symbol on the bonnet.

Too deep to polish out - difficult to photograph in flat light, but it's through to the primer.

Any good body shop recommendations in SW London / Kingston? I'll be paying for this one myself.

View attachment 789491
Quite depressing really. At least it's "just" on one panel.

Reactions: AlexMasters
Sadly not. My car is parked on my driveway close to the pavement and I've always felt that the flashing of headlights might invite trouble. Is it a legal requirement to signal that the car is recording!.

I've never had any problems with my car's before, so let's hope it's a one-off
Not a legal requirement as far as we know, just a Tesla thing. Ring make nice cameras to capture stuff on your drive.

Maybe just let it be so everyone knows how badly people behave. I'd probably just let it be.

I was quoted £400 for a full respray of the bonnet, or a bit more if it needs to be blended into the wings if the colour match isn't good enough with just the bonnet done.

Not too bad for my choice of local repairer.

I did report it to the police via the Met Police website. Because I mentioned the symbol, they called me back to ask if it was a hate crime on the basis of my religion. Truthfully, I said not.

Sadly not. My car is parked on my driveway close to the pavement and I've always felt that the flashing of headlights might invite trouble. Is it a legal requirement to signal that the car is recording!.
No its not a legal requirement, I don't think the lights flash if you come at the car from the sides or back just the front.

I would look to beef up the security measures where you park your car before getting it repaired as to try and deter future attempts as its more than likely the person who did it is local to your area.

When I lived in South London we had some car vandalism. Covert cameras are useless - the police aren't going to bother looking for the yobs. It only stopped after I stuck a couple of professional looking camera housings on the front of the house as dummies to the covert system as well as a big cctv sign.

Reactions: Beady3647