TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

This man was so fed up trying to get his Tesla fixed that he ended up doing it himself

Discussion in 'Model X' started by MX75D VGK, Aug 29, 2018.

1. MX75D VGK

MX75D VGK Member

2. DarkHelmet

DarkHelmet Member

To hear him say it’s the easiest car he’s ever worked on is actually very encouraging.

• Like x 1
  3. MX75D VGK

MX75D VGK Member

Yes, as easy as putting legos together he says; important information for those running out of warranties.

4. Darmie

Darmie Supporting Member

Clear Lake TX. (Currently in lake Charles LA)
    We just sold out S and we have an X on order. My biggest concern with the S considering we had right at 30,000 miles in a year was the fact, the warranty goes away after 100,000 miles to include the extended warranty. i'm feeling I may not want to drive the X as much as we did the S but then, why did we purchase a Tesla? So, this hangs over my head that after 100,000 miles, I'm left to doing the same thing. I'm thinking by then there will be more demand for a 3rd party Tesla repair centers, more and more solutions on line and easier access to Tesla tools.

5. dethman

dethman Member

Too bad tesla never has any of their lego bricks in stock. Maybe wait 2 to 6 months for your brick come in.

6. MXWing

MXWing Well-Known Member

Sorry but the guy is bipolar.

He alternates between not allowing Tesla to touch his car and would be honored to work for Tesla if they would accept him.

Hates his Tesla but couldn’t dream of owning any other car.

The guy lives on an island and bitches it takes 90 minutes to get to the nearest Tesla center.

It takes me half an hour to drive 2 miles to Walmart on Oahu but that kinda comes with the territory..

• Like x 2
  7. S4WRXTTCS

S4WRXTTCS Active Member

Being contradictory doesn't make someone bipolar.

• Like x 2
  8. TexasRat

TexasRat Member

That's cause traffic on the island sucks! It's one thing I don't miss after leaving :p Food and family though ... man.

9. tpham07

tpham07 Active Member

im not worried. i dont live near a service center and mobile service has always been easy and quick to come see me. Out of warranty, then ill just pay for service like any other car i've owned. big whoop.

10. MXWing

MXWing Well-Known Member

Oh man why’d you bring up food. Killer craving for some loco moco right now.

But in regards to the the guy who said Tesla can’t touch his car anymore..

He would melt down if he was forbidden from buying another Tesla.

Everyone knows it.

Easy to talk *sugar* when the camera is on you and you have a mouthpiece.

• Like x 1
  11. TexasRat

TexasRat Member

Thing I miss the most is some good meat jun and garlic chicken. Yeah why are we talking about food. Now I'm hungry and can't get any!

I think it's a legitimate concern though that there aren't enough service centers given the total number of cars on the road. It's only going to get worse. I hope they have a plan for this, besides they hope their cars don't break.