Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This Model S 40kwh Price is crazy..

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here is a chart of the 2013 Model S prices after the $2,500 increases:

upload_2018-8-21_9-13-49.png

Mine is mostly specd the same but it is a 60kW pack. Also has the jump seats. I added the center console and do not have the navigation on the center screen and I paid $42k.

This I would say could be the 60kW pack with a phone call as spec'ed could be $39k if it was a 60kW upgrade I'd say $45k.

They paid $43.8k so discouting it will probably be out of the question.

https://autoforwarder.com/en/detail/9545370-2013-tesla-model-s

Last edited:
This listing is hilarious but i want this car so bad haha... Its not selling for that price, I wonder if they are open to real actual talks about its value.

I visited the car in person to inspect and confirmed with Tesla that it's a 40, but software upgradable to a 60 for $2,500. The dealer didn't seem very happy when I brought up the market and prices for MS40...probably indicating that they know they overpaid lol.

The listing says it's a 40 in the details, but
It shows 125 miles at about half charge - sounds like an 85
third row seats and rare rear cup holders by the way
VIN says it's a 40, so a 60KWh pack which was software limited but might be unlocked now (I heard somewhere here the unlock price went down to $2,500 by now).

VIN says it has factory dual chargers, but might not have supercharging enabled ($2,500 to enable DC charging, $2,000 for ChaDemo).

The listing says power folding mirrors but those were not available until Nov 2013 when VIN's when in the 25K's, so unless this was some delayed S40 order not manufactured until November or December 2013, there are some inaccuracies in the listing.

Even with low mileage, they are not going to get anywhere near this price.

It looks like this specific car was sold in an auction, with a sales price that could have been under $20K - which would be more consistent with the trade-in and KBB price for our 2012 S P85 (we traded it in to Tesla 2 months ago for $24K - and despite almost 100K miles, it was still in great condition).

Bought my highish mileage 2014 P85 a year ago for just under 50k.
The dealer i bought from had it maybe as long as 8 months was a local trade someone with another MS onthe way but traded the high milage one on a F150 for Northwoods use. Came down more than $6k while sitting there that long. They did say she car got a lot of attention. I think having a car like this on the lot can be an advertising ploy.

The listing says power folding mirrors but those were not available until Nov 2013 when VIN's when in the 25K's, so unless this was some delayed S40 order not manufactured until November or December 2013, there are some inaccuracies in the listing.

Not necessarily wrong, a lot of the early Model S' had problems with parts of the mirror housing oxidizing. Tesla made the decision to offer power folding mirror retrofits at a deeply discounted price to the affected customers. A fair number of early Model S' therefore actually do have power folding mirrors despite not having been equipped with them originally.

Not necessarily wrong, a lot of the early Model S' had problems with parts of the mirror housing oxidizing. Tesla made the decision to offer power folding mirror retrofits at a deeply discounted price to the affected customers. A fair number of early Model S' therefore actually do have power folding mirrors despite not having been equipped with them originally.
Doesn't look this is the retrofitted one, unless it has power-folding mirrors but no button to fold them. ;)
20.jpg