Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

THIS MUST BE ONE OF THE WORST MODEL S DELIVERY SCHEDULES THIS YEAR- NO AMOUNT OF PLEADING HAS HELPED plus SOME REDICULOUS PRICING SABOTAGE

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
DELIVERY SCHEDULEE BEYOND LOUSY
Originally placed the order for my first TESLA on FEBRUARY 3, 2021:
2022 Model S Long Range
Red Multi-Coat
21" Arachnid Wheels
Cream & Walnut Premium interior
Yoke Steering
Autopilot
Full Self-Driving Capability
===============
My delivery date slipped from late May to June to July to August to September to October; then in late July back to early August. From that point, I have logged on daily and have watched the delivery window slip daily (yes, every single day). Current date is back to Sept 4 and still slipping daily. My dealer in Bloomington, IL, does not know what is causing it, and I have no idea who to talk to next. Any suggestions?

PRICING SABOTAGE
I originally ordered the White & Walnut interior, then a month ago my dealer informed me the factory was unable to get the White leather, but they had plenty of the Creme leather. To relieve any additional pressure on my schedule, I asked if I could change from a White to Creme interior for exactly the same price. Yes, they informed me. However, when I received the new invoice, it had increased by $5,000, reflecting Tesla's new pricing schedule. I have asked for a roll-back on the price as promised but still have NOT received it.

2022 Model S Long Range
Red Multi-Coat
21" Arachnid Wheels
Yoke Steering
Autopilot
===============
My delivery date slipped from late May to June to July to August to September to October; then in late July back to early August. From that point, I have logged on daily and have watched the delivery window slip daily (yes, every single day). Current date is back to Sept 4 and still slipping daily. My dealer in Bloomington, IL, does not know what is causing it, and I have no idea who to talk to next. Any suggestions?

PRICING SABOTAGE
I originally ordered the White & Walnut interior, then a month ago my dealer informed me the factory was unable to get the White leather, but they had plenty of the Creme leather. To relieve any additional pressure on my schedule, I asked if I could change from a White to Creme interior for exactly the same price. Yes, they informed me. However, when I received the new invoice, it had increased by $5,000, reflecting Tesla's new pricing schedule. I have asked for a roll-back on the price as promised but still have NOT received it.
The date slippage has been well noted in the primary Model S delivery thread. It seems to lend to logistics challenges and typically a VIN follows suit at some point. Once a VIN is assigned, the date range narrows and could narrow significantly. There were instances of the date range going from two week plus to three or five days. And then holding at that. Only able to speak to the date range as seen in the main thread, the pricing structure sucks. I am not sure you can "change" to cream and still get the pre-increase price. I also do not know if you can change back to the white and get the pre-change price either. I would hope the latter for sure, but it pretty rare that any change does not incur the price increase. If you have it in writing, that should help.

Also, several TMC members have reported that they have been assigned VINs, arranged insurance, etc., and the VIN was removed from their order (likely to be given to someone else), along with delivery date changes. Even though this process is not rocket science, evidently those qualified people are working at SpaceX. I keep saying that each new vehicle Tesla sells, it is like they have never sold a vehicle before. Good luck on the price change. The local guys, even if they promised you, probably have no ability to waive the new charges imposed by those higher up. It is really a frustrating experience, and all I can offer is my sympathy for those orders that evidently "slip thru the cracks". To be truthful on the delivery dates, I can understand why even Tesla does not know when all the parts they expected to be delivered for assembly will finally arrive. There are many car manufacturers and other manufacturers in this same boat of delayed delivery of parts.

Reactions: Issaction and AMPd
2022 Model S Long Range
Red Multi-Coat
21" Arachnid Wheels
Yoke Steering
Autopilot
===============

PRICING SABOTAGE
Yep. You got Tesla’d.

Sorry to say, but I don’t think you’re going to get any satisfaction in the matter.

2022 Model S Long Range
Red Multi-Coat
21" Arachnid Wheels
Yoke Steering
Autopilot
===============

PRICING SABOTAGE
And you won’t, I’m afraid. BOHICA.

TMC -

I ordered the redesigned Model S Plaid during the Battery Day presentation (literally - paused the video, ran to my computer to placed the order...Sep 2020). My delivery will come for the Blue Ash (Cincinnati, OH) store. With a reservation # of RN113949938 I expected to receive the delivery in July 2021, which was posted to my account. That estimated information has since been deleted from my account and had to call my SA to get the account repaired as I could not access information related to my order until yesterday. My access was shut-down for two weeks?? Not sure what's going on but I'm told the delay is due to my spec "Black/White interior w/carbon Fiber". TESLA communication (with news - good or bad) has got to improve! WTH?
  • Model S Plaid
  • Pearl White Multi-Coat
  • 21" Arachnid Wheels
  • Black and White Premium Interior with Carbon Fiber Décor
  • Yoke Steering
  • Autopilot
  • Full Self-Driving Capability
They (TESLA) have committed to honoring the original pricing from Sep 2020 when I submitted the $1000 deposit. Just want the car, LOL!!

Nice to be a new member of TMC! Thanks, Brian

Hey, guys, many thanks for all your wonderful words of encouragement. I feel so much better now.......not! But at least I know I am not the only one suffering needlessly in order to acquire my first Tesla!!

Incidentally, on the pricing sabotage issue, Tesla did open what they called a "pricing exception" report, and I am told this involves researching what was actually conveyed to the customer (ME). They already have a statement from the Tesla Advisor who advised me to make the change from white interior to creme and who told me it would be at 'no additional charge,' and he admitted in writing that he "screwed up." Is this sufficient to reverse the pricing sabotage? Stay tuned.

Hey, guys, many thanks for all your wonderful words of encouragement. I feel so much better now.......not! But at least I know I am not the only one suffering needlessly in order to acquire my first Tesla!!

Incidentally, on the pricing sabotage issue, Tesla did open what they called a "pricing exception" report, and I am told this involves researching what was actually conveyed to the customer (ME). They already have a statement from the Tesla Advisor who advised me to make the change from white interior to creme and who told me it would be at 'no additional charge,' and he admitted in writing that he "screwed up." Is this sufficient to reverse the pricing sabotage? Stay tuned.
If it's documented, I think that's fair grounds to set it back to the original order and pricing. Will it happen or not, who knows. Depends if your sales person is willing to put their neck out.

I just want the car - inventing something that has never existed has to be difficult. Being patienhere...smile!!

THIS WILL BE MY NEW PLATE, LOL.........

Screen Shot 2021-08-05 at 10.15.11 PM.png

2022 Model S Long Range
Red Multi-Coat
21" Arachnid Wheels
Yoke Steering
Autopilot
===============

PRICING SABOTAGE
I am sorry to hear about this. Yep, you got Tesla’d.

Reactions: Tony_YYZ
2022 Model S Long Range
Red Multi-Coat
21" Arachnid Wheels
Yoke Steering
Autopilot
===============

PRICING SABOTAGE
I'm very sorry for your experience. Do you have anything in writing when they asked you to change the interior color guaranteeing the price wouldn't jump $5k? Otherwise you might be stuck.

I agree that it's ridiculous. I posted about this somewhere else on the forum, but after my last date change I went to the benz dealer to consider the EQS. It was blatantly obvious that they are aware of Tesla's customer service/delivery issues and are trained to show they can do a better job.

They made it VERY CLEAR on what options would delay the car, gave a "firm" delivery date, and said that if for whatever reason certain options pushed the date back during assembly they would contact me to see what I want to do. I asked if I locked in a price now, would I have to pay the new price or just the cost difference of the options change? They laughed while saying they don't do business that way.... I left with a salesperson's card including cell phone number.

If only the EQS wasn't horrifically ugly.

> They made it VERY CLEAR on what options would delay the car, gave a "firm" delivery date

Uh... they aren't selling the EQS in the USA yet. You can't order one. There is no published MSRP. A few dealers might have them for demos but they aren't moving off the lot. You got sold a line, my friend.

What you actually discovered is that Tesla will bumble along with a half-baked customer communication apparatus and drive you bananas while taking months to fill orders.

... and car dealers will just lie to your face to tell you what you want to hear.

We ordered our S long range in early May and unfortunately several different delivery delays had us pushed backed to November. So I was shocked to get an email on 9/28 saying the final payment is ready and I would have it 10/3-10/8.

This being my first Tesla and not knowing how it all works I transferred the money and was hoping to get the car this week. Shocker I check today and the dates pushed back now until 10/14. Is anyone else experiencing the same issue?

> They made it VERY CLEAR on what options would delay the car, gave a "firm" delivery date

Uh... they aren't selling the EQS in the USA yet. You can't order one. There is no published MSRP. A few dealers might have them for demos but they aren't moving off the lot. You got sold a line, my friend.

What you actually discovered is that Tesla will bumble along with a half-baked customer communication apparatus and drive you bananas while taking months to fill orders.

... and car dealers will just lie to your face to tell you what you want to hear.

Dunno, Tesla in my opinion lied to my face about the car being delivered July-Aug when I ordered in May. And Tesla has now told me they don't assign SA at all, I have to do online chat to get any help. And Tesla apparently lies to the SA/online people also.

Reactions: InternetDude
We ordered our S long range in early May and unfortunately several different delivery delays had us pushed backed to November. So I was shocked to get an email on 9/28 saying the final payment is ready and I would have it 10/3-10/8.

This being my first Tesla and not knowing how it all works I transferred the money and was hoping to get the car this week. Shocker I check today and the dates pushed back now until 10/14. Is anyone else experiencing the same issue?
NEVER pay Tesla before the actual delivery date. After you see physically the car.

Reactions: chrisdh79
2022 Model S Long Range
Red Multi-Coat
21" Arachnid Wheels
Yoke Steering
Autopilot
===============

PRICING SABOTAGE

1636602424156.jpeg

• Funny
Reactions: anthonyj