Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This must be the silliest reason to sell a Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I bought my wife a16 MS 75 a couple months ago and she absolutely loves it but after a brief conversation with one of the hockey parents my wife comes home and refuses to drive the car. She tells me she doest want it and to get her any other car but a Tesla or EV for that matter. Puzzled I ask why. She tells me that this hockey parent was also looking to switch from a Maserati but after extensive research found that the Tesla causes testicular cancer as well as Leukemia. Now i know that it's a bunch crock but how do I calm her down and keep from making what I think is a mistake by trading the Tesla? I personally think its silly but even if there's a 1% chance of it being true I cant have her driving the car as my kids(and of course my wife) spend most of their car rides in it. What do I do and how can I make her feel safe in it? Anyone?
Point her to actual studies of "wonderful effects" of exhaust fumes and gasoline fumes on humans. Then tell her you heard that listening to those hockey parents causes premature aging. The proof is the same as that Tesla causes cancers (maybe more, constant stress worrying about conspiracy theories could very conceivably age you faster). Next time your wife sees another sign of aging, you can say "see, told you not to talk to those people". ;)

Point her to actual studies of "wonderful effects" of exhaust fumes and gasoline fumes on humans. Then tell her you heard that listening to those hockey parents causes premature aging. The proof is the same as that Tesla causes cancers (maybe more, constant stress worrying about conspiracy theories could very conceivably age you faster). Next time your wife sees another sign of aging, you can say "see, told you not to talk to those people". ;)

You could also say listening to hockey parents is bad for your health and finances because it leads to divorce...

• Helpful
Reactions: jlv1 and StarLog
we should ALL be concerned about prolonged effects of cellular and wifi radiation. I love how people are so flippant about this when there is data out there that shows there are reasons to at least give it a look and consideration
I would genuinely like to know the sources of this data and the studies that concluded that we need to give it a look and consideration?

So I bought my wife a16 MS 75 a couple months ago and she absolutely loves it but after a brief conversation with one of the hockey parents my wife comes home and refuses to drive the car. She tells me she doest want it and to get her any other car but a Tesla or EV for that matter. Puzzled I ask why. She tells me that this hockey parent was also looking to switch from a Maserati but after extensive research found that the Tesla causes testicular cancer as well as Leukemia. Now i know that it's a bunch crock but how do I calm her down and keep from making what I think is a mistake by trading the Tesla? I personally think its silly but even if there's a 1% chance of it being true I cant have her driving the car as my kids(and of course my wife) spend most of their car rides in it. What do I do and how can I make her feel safe in it? Anyone?
Tell her you will gladly accept a slight risk of testicular cancer rather than accepting her castration plan by selling the Tesla.

Tell her that her testicles are safe.