Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This must be the silliest reason to sell a Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
GET a EMF measurement device, and show her the radiation levels while driving, then put near her cell phone, microwave, hairdryer, electric toothbrush etc etc. exposure over 2.5mGauss for long periods of time (several hours) is considered bad...

One sensitive instrument used in hard drive testing magnetic head readers (which are easily damaged) for EMI is a 3M EM Eye CTM048.

So I bought my wife a16 MS 75 a couple months ago and she absolutely loves it but after a brief conversation with one of the hockey parents my wife comes home and refuses to drive the car. She tells me she doest want it and to get her any other car but a Tesla or EV for that matter. Puzzled I ask why. She tells me that this hockey parent was also looking to switch from a Maserati but after extensive research found that the Tesla causes testicular cancer as well as Leukemia. Now i know that it's a bunch crock but how do I calm her down and keep from making what I think is a mistake by trading the Tesla? I personally think its silly but even if there's a 1% chance of it being true I cant have her driving the car as my kids(and of course my wife) spend most of their car rides in it. What do I do and how can I make her feel safe in it? Anyone?

So I bought my wife a16 MS 75 a couple months ago and she absolutely loves it but after a brief conversation with one of the hockey parents my wife comes home and refuses to drive the car. She tells me she doest want it and to get her any other car but a Tesla or EV for that matter. Puzzled I ask why. She tells me that this hockey parent was also looking to switch from a Maserati but after extensive research found that the Tesla causes testicular cancer as well as Leukemia. Now i know that it's a bunch crock but how do I calm her down and keep from making what I think is a mistake by trading the Tesla? I personally think its silly but even if there's a 1% chance of it being true I cant have her driving the car as my kids(and of course my wife) spend most of their car rides in it. What do I do and how can I make her feel safe in it? Anyone?
Get a restraining order against the person that told her that stuff. Convince your children that only sissy’s play hockey. Tell your family that anyone that can even spell Maserati May spread smallpox.. forget about the fore mentioned foil hat because research has shown that the glass roof filters out all harmful Alien rays. Sometimes we must fight fiction with fiction. We all know that a battle is most often won with like substances. Etc. fight fire with fire, and the age odd adage, P in the ocean.

this seems to happen when two uneducated people have conversations about things they know nothing about; end up making stuff up; it doesn't help when you don't have the knowledge to educate others in a conversation, stirring up debate; so "after a brief conversation", "this hockey parent" is a Tesla hater, & probably a bitter oil shill, that cant stand "ecosmug" & your wife is probably gullible based on the information provided, & didn't have any facts, no offense, but you can't drive a high tech elecric vehicle without someone being offended because they're driving a horse & buggy. If it were me I would get a new "hockey parent", & educate your wife on all the pros & cons (with reasons why) Tesla ownership is great (100%merican company, sustainable transportation) There is nothing more than a person that has made a poor decisions & that has influence over others, to place others in similar situations to make themselves feel better about their consequences.
I'm on my third EV (first Tesla Model S) so I have talked to many people wasting their words & energy for nothing; I tell them the facts offer a test drive in my car; the BS persists, have a nice day; windows 98 shutdown .wav in my head, I'm out ✌

• Love
Reactions: StarLog

So your wife trusts the other parent’s advice more than yours.

I supposed she probably skipped vaccinations for your kids too.

I think you have bigger problems than the car.

I’m sure the pollutants out of an ICE are more harmful than any EV.

Watch out she’ll be destroying your cell phones next. Same basic lithium ion battery tech.

Not everyone can be reasoned with. Sometimes you have to come at it from a different angle. When my wife worries about absurd threats to our toddler's health I tell her to ask our pediatrician as if I have no idea. Maybe the Model S wife should ask her doctor about the cancer risks of a Tesla.