Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This obsession has taken over my life. I may need to be booked into the looney house.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My wife eye rolls me. Friends accuse me of only talking about Tesla...it has come to the point where I just talk to myself about it. Even my daughter today asked me "ok dad, let's talk about Tesla news today to get it out the way".
What the...

What has happened to me? I've never displayed this type of obsessive behavior in my life...well there was this one girl...

The Model 3 has taken over my life....and I love it.

I need help. Wait, no I don't..yes I do. I'm screwed.

Am I all alone in this craziness? Please tell me there's one of you out there like me or am I the only nutcase in the world.

Please make a reservation in the looney house on my behalf while you're at it. I feel exactly the same.

Except in my case, I research online for Tesla/Elon Musk/EV news, blogs all day long so much that my work performance/family bonding time are badly affected. I now spend 90% on Tesla research and 10% on work (yes, I am news surfing while on family outings/meal times too). I click on blog sites like Electrek.co multiple times a day hoping for a news update, which I gladly devoured. I feel empty inside when I can't get my fix.

Unlike you, I don't discuss Tesla-related matters with ANY of my friends/family members because all of them are skeptics and keep hammering me with negatives abouts EV that I can't be bothered to rebutt at this point of time. I intend to simply customize the Model 3 and purchase it (without external feedback) when the time comes. The rest of my family members don't have a say in what car I wanna drive (they only have the privilege of sitting in it. They can be wowed by the technology when they see it with their own eyes).

Please make a reservation in the looney house on my behalf while you're at it. I feel exactly the same.

Except in my case, I research online for Tesla/Elon Musk/EV news, blogs all day long so much that my work performance/family bonding time are badly affected. I now spend 90% on Tesla research and 10% on work (yes, I am news surfing while on family outings/meal times too). I click on blog sites like Electrek.co multiple times a day hoping for a news update, which I gladly devoured. I feel empty inside when I can't get my fix.

Unlike you, I don't discuss Tesla-related matters with ANY of my friends/family members because all of them are skeptics and keep hammering me with negatives abouts EV that I can't be bothered to rebutt at this point of time. I intend to simply customize the Model 3 and purchase it (without external feedback) when the time comes. The rest of my family members don't have a say in what car I wanna drive (they only have the privilege of sitting in it. They can be wowed by the technology when they see it with their own eyes).

I'm the same way except I take it even further. I not only have google news alerts set up to notify me of Tesla news, I insanely go to google and search for it...you know, just in case they missed something. It's pathetic.

I'm so infatuated, I stop by my local tesla store at least once a month. Yes, they know me by name and are undoubtedly disturbed by my actions.

We got a family dog a few months back. His name? Musk. Last week, my wife asked me what name I would choose if we had a son one day...I said Elon. She gave me an empty stare for about 10 seconds, got up, and walked out the room.

I'm tumbling out of control, but I absolutely love my new tesla shirt I'm wearing right now. I'm living a double life, like a secret agent. Half my time I'm in the real world and the other half I'm driving my imaginary tesla on autopilot while blaring Tupac.

I'll accept and welcome all prayer requests.

I'm just trying to figure out how many times I can take a Model S for a test drive to get my Tesla fix before the local showroom says enough is enough!

Dan

Nice!

I took a p90d for a test drive, put it in luda mode, punched it, and kid you not, almost passed out. I was seeing squiggly lines in my vision for at least 2 mins afterwards. My wife was in the car with me and said she almost threw up. She felt nauseous for a good hour later. Absolutely brutal.

Must get tesla asap. My sanity depends on it.

LOL still 1.5 years from getting my Model 3 and I'm already picking colors, options and personalized plates, doing research on paint protection film, ceramic window tinting and insurance, planning road trips, parking at the end of the lot so I don't get dings & scratches, etc... And yes, my wife is getting sick of it too. I'm with you buddy! :D

Last edited:
Big day in my Model 3 master plan.....

by my calculations, I can now afford a fully loaded Model 3, between what I have in savings and the resale of the ICE....

Between now and delivery, I'm just saving up to replenish my bank account. :D

EDIT: I can now afford one....without having to finance a dime.

For some reason, I've been saving for this in one way or another since I bought my last car 2 years ago. LOLOLOLOL

Reactions: Gilzo