TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

This obsession has taken over my life. I may need to be booked into the looney house.

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Gilzo, May 25, 2016.

1. Gilzo

Gilzo Member

My wife eye rolls me. Friends accuse me of only talking about Tesla...it has come to the point where I just talk to myself about it. Even my daughter today asked me "ok dad, let's talk about Tesla news today to get it out the way".
    What the...

What has happened to me? I've never displayed this type of obsessive behavior in my life...well there was this one girl...

The Model 3 has taken over my life....and I love it.

I need help. Wait, no I don't..yes I do. I'm screwed.

Am I all alone in this craziness? Please tell me there's one of you out there like me or am I the only nutcase in the world.

• Funny x 20
    • Like x 13
    • Love x 3
  2. jsrawa

jsrawa Member

My wife says I'm obsessed too, I talk about it daily and to her credit she tries to act interested but her eyes still glaze over every time I bring Tesla up. It's a long wait till my M3 arrives so I'm trying to pace myself.

• Like x 3
  3. deonb

deonb Active Member

There's a support group for that...

Oh, I see you found it.

• Funny x 22
    • Like x 2
  4. weak_pig

weak_pig Member

Please make a reservation in the looney house on my behalf while you're at it. I feel exactly the same.

Except in my case, I research online for Tesla/Elon Musk/EV news, blogs all day long so much that my work performance/family bonding time are badly affected. I now spend 90% on Tesla research and 10% on work (yes, I am news surfing while on family outings/meal times too). I click on blog sites like Electrek.co multiple times a day hoping for a news update, which I gladly devoured. I feel empty inside when I can't get my fix.

Unlike you, I don't discuss Tesla-related matters with ANY of my friends/family members because all of them are skeptics and keep hammering me with negatives abouts EV that I can't be bothered to rebutt at this point of time. I intend to simply customize the Model 3 and purchase it (without external feedback) when the time comes. The rest of my family members don't have a say in what car I wanna drive (they only have the privilege of sitting in it. They can be wowed by the technology when they see it with their own eyes).

• Like x 5
  5. WarpedOne

WarpedOne Supreme Premier

Not to brag about it but I see you joined the club only months ago.
    I'm suffering this illness for a decade already.

• Like x 9
    • Funny x 6
    • Love x 2
  6. evp

evp Nerd

Wait until it's in your garage. THAT'S when the insanity starts.

• Like x 7
    • Funny x 2
  7. rjcbox

rjcbox Member

There's no cure for this. Only temporary satisfaction while driving a Tesla.

• Funny x 5
    • Like x 1
  8. Vegas

Vegas Member

Not sure that I should share this…

I proposed to my P90D last night - she said no, apparently I’m too obsessive.

• Funny x 10
  9. Dan Detweiler

Dan Detweiler Member

I will gladly trade my current obsession for one where I wash my Model 3 twice a day in my own driveway.

Dan

• Like x 3
  10. Gilzo

Gilzo Member

I'm the same way except I take it even further. I not only have google news alerts set up to notify me of Tesla news, I insanely go to google and search for it...you know, just in case they missed something. It's pathetic.

I'm so infatuated, I stop by my local tesla store at least once a month. Yes, they know me by name and are undoubtedly disturbed by my actions.

We got a family dog a few months back. His name? Musk. Last week, my wife asked me what name I would choose if we had a son one day...I said Elon. She gave me an empty stare for about 10 seconds, got up, and walked out the room.

I'm tumbling out of control, but I absolutely love my new tesla shirt I'm wearing right now. I'm living a double life, like a secret agent. Half my time I'm in the real world and the other half I'm driving my imaginary tesla on autopilot while blaring Tupac.

I'll accept and welcome all prayer requests.

• Funny x 14
    • Love x 2
  11. Dan Detweiler

Dan Detweiler Member

I'm just trying to figure out how many times I can take a Model S for a test drive to get my Tesla fix before the local showroom says enough is enough!

Dan

• Funny x 5
    • Like x 1
  12. Gilzo

Gilzo Member

Nice!

I took a p90d for a test drive, put it in luda mode, punched it, and kid you not, almost passed out. I was seeing squiggly lines in my vision for at least 2 mins afterwards. My wife was in the car with me and said she almost threw up. She felt nauseous for a good hour later. Absolutely brutal.

Must get tesla asap. My sanity depends on it.

• Like x 6
    • Funny x 3
  13. sandange

sandange sandange

There is no cure.
    4 years if driving EV's and still can't stop talking about it .
    Give up looking for a cure.
    The next stage is the EV drivers grin
    Just go with it

• Like x 8
  14. SΞXY P100D

SΞXY P100D Member

#14 SΞXY P100D, May 26, 2016
    Last edited: May 26, 2016
    LOL still 1.5 years from getting my Model 3 and I'm already picking colors, options and personalized plates, doing research on paint protection film, ceramic window tinting and insurance, planning road trips, parking at the end of the lot so I don't get dings & scratches, etc... And yes, my wife is getting sick of it too. I'm with you buddy! :D

• Like x 7
  15. Lukas99

Lukas99 Member

Ufffff, great to see that I am not alone... Since I reserved, I am not doing anything else... Sad :)))... All of the above applies to me as well haha...

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  16. Bimbels

Bimbels GoldMember

My husband thinks I'm a dork. I have my Apple news set up for all Tesla, only joined Twitter for Elon, and just scheduled a work trip so I could do a factory tour - without him. ;)

• Like x 5
    • Funny x 2
  17. JeffK

JeffK Active Member

This forum is the only thing keeping me sane!

• Like x 2
  18. ModelNforNerd

ModelNforNerd Active Member

Big day in my Model 3 master plan.....

by my calculations, I can now afford a fully loaded Model 3, between what I have in savings and the resale of the ICE....

Between now and delivery, I'm just saving up to replenish my bank account. :D

EDIT: I can now afford one....without having to finance a dime.

For some reason, I've been saving for this in one way or another since I bought my last car 2 years ago. LOLOLOLOL

• Like x 1
  19. Dan Detweiler

Dan Detweiler Member

No, it's keeping you equitably in-sane!
    Strength in numbers.

Dan

• Like x 2
  20. Johan

Johan Took a TSLA bear test. Came back negative.

This was me back in 2011, after discovering Tesla and reserving my Model S. Then I finally got it in 2013 and that didn't quite help with the addiction.

Talking about it on TMC is like having an AA-meeting in a bar during happy hour.

• Funny x 11
    • Like x 2