Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This obsession has taken over my life. I may need to be booked into the looney house.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh yes...now that i know i am not the only one i feel safe.
Checking the forums AT LEAST 3 times a day, joined twitter only for elon and tesla, rss feeds set up to search the whole web for tesla news, thinking about wall connector installation, love to watch the supercharger network "explosion", having 3 different countdown apps on my homescreen (since i reserved, possible model3 unveil 2, possible model3 delivery date), my girlfriend is rolling her eyes if i start talking about tesla (but she is telling me everytime when she is seeing one).....and more!
I am a little bit afraid if i could "waste" too much time in the coming 2 Years....

Reactions: Gilzo and plankeye
IFTT sends notifications to my phone when Elon tweets, saves me from having to check frequently.
Don't forget YouTube: watch Bjorn tour Norway for endless hours of vicarious Tesla driving (recommend iPad viewing while doing other things or taking up a new fitness routine in front of the TV to avoid becoming a couch potato; you will be tempted to eat burgers and fries).

Here's another life changing event that Tesla has impacted my life - I started working out.

The reason behind this is so that I can slim down when it's time to collect my car. I wanna look presentable (and not like a fat bastard) when I head down to the showroom. Basically, you can say it's like meeting your new bride on that day and I wanna look my best

600? I see a Tesla like only once a month here on Long Island NY :)
I was in Cannes, France last month - and a red Model S cruised down the rivera frontage road. First I noticed was it was twice as long as the Italian/French micro cars. Second - is was low- dragging its belly on the road. Third - I was slobbering....damn I want one NOW. Gotta wait for my M3. I spent so much time on THIS damn site, I missed most of the Florence museums. Paid handsomely for the vacation and instead rolled up with my computer screen.
Do I qualify for Teslaholic?

Reactions: Gilzo and plankeye
I was hooked after I read the book "Elon Musk" by Ashlee Vance. I wanted to buy a fully loaded model S, but that would take good portion of my investments and my wife thought I was nuts/crazy/irresponsible. So I rethought things and decided to wait for the model 3. I was in line @ the wee hours of the morning of 3/31 to reserve one. Again my wife thought I was nuts. I follow all the Tesla forums and related web sites. Can't for reveal 2, config time and eventual delivery!!

Look, when I have to hide just to sneak on my phone to get on this forum...it's an issue! When I take the trash outside I'm actually excited because it will give me a few mins to sneak on my phone to watch a p90d out drag a lambo...it's an issue!

It seems like every spare min I have, I sneak looking up tesla news/research on my phone.

My wife is cool...she gets it. She's excited for me. In fact today, she said it'll be cool when you get your 3 and I get my S. Wtf???

I may have created a monster but we like monsters.
That sounds like a compulsive issue. You better watch out as your wife might want the S with Ludicris mode.

My wife eye rolls me. Friends accuse me of only talking about Tesla...it has come to the point where I just talk to myself about it. Even my daughter today asked me "ok dad, let's talk about Tesla news today to get it out the way".
What the...

What has happened to me? I've never displayed this type of obsessive behavior in my life...well there was this one girl...

The Model 3 has taken over my life....and I love it.

I need help. Wait, no I don't..yes I do. I'm screwed.

Am I all alone in this craziness? Please tell me there's one of you out there like me or am I the only nutcase in the world.

don't worry. I'm in the exact same boat. I find anyone to talk to about it. I'm looking for validation for my obsession too. I can't believe it's been 2 months already! woo only 16 more to go.

Reactions: linkster and Gilzo
My daughter (17) rolls her eyes at any mention of Tesla now. My son (14) went with me to stand in line to reserve it. He's already said the first car he buys on his own will be a Tesla. Good to have goals in life.

My wife is fine with it. She's neither here nor there with my obsession. I'm just glad she was ok with me going to put down the $1000. I almost backed out on my own, thinking I could just do it online. SOOO glad I didn't.

Now if I can get anything done in the next 16 months or so I'll be lucky. Need to set up website filters during working hours I think.

I just did my first test drive of Model S P90! I was in trouble before now now I am a full fledged addict. I have never controlled a piece of technology that felt so completely right. It is hard to believe acceleration can be so smooth and effortless. The cornering, braking controls all just feel like they were meant for me. The only thing that will take getting used to is autopilot, both because I didn't want to stop driving myself and travelling on a crowded highway without your hands on the wheel takes getting used to. Fortunately my wife and son came along. He hasn't stopped grinning since I put my foot to the floor and hit 140 km in mere seconds. She doesn't like rollercoasters so she didn't like that part, but she understands my passion for this now and even said well maybe we can afford an S. What will I do.

I just did my first test drive of Model S P90! I was in trouble before now now I am a full fledged addict. I have never controlled a piece of technology that felt so completely right. It is hard to believe acceleration can be so smooth and effortless. The cornering, braking controls all just feel like they were meant for me. The only thing that will take getting used to is autopilot, both because I didn't want to stop driving myself and travelling on a crowded highway without your hands on the wheel takes getting used to. Fortunately my wife and son came along. He hasn't stopped grinning since I put my foot to the floor and hit 140 km in mere seconds. She doesn't like rollercoasters so she didn't like that part, but she understands my passion for this now and even said well maybe we can afford an S. What will I do.
I was 100% hooked that a Tesla has to be my next car as soon as I drove the Model S. I love the idea of the 3 being smaller and having autopilot. That's going to make my commute a ton easier and long highway drives much less tiring.

Reactions: linkster and Gilzo
I "suffer" from the same symptoms everyone else here does. It started for me in summer 2009 when I got to drive a Roadster. It's only gotten "worse" since.

In fact, it's why I started a weekly Tesla podcast (see my signature) just about a year ago.