Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This passed the "70-point mechanical inspection"?!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My SC didn't have loaners recently and the local storage yard is loaded with Tesla's, so assuming every Tesla used car has been a loaner isn't correct.
I was told by a Tesla employee that a car I was researching was indeed immaculate. I was following it down to 63 and almost bit, then it shot to mid 70 and while waiting for it to come back down under 65, someone else snagged it at 67.

Still there are many reports on the forum about how the loaner car they are driving is listed for sale as a CPO car.

In any case it's crazy the musical chairs games they play with the pricing of CPO cars.

I would take negotiating on the price of the car with a dealer any day over the random pricing games they play.

The friggin random price changes (up and down) drove me nuts...

Yup, they do a bunch of daily price drops and all of a sudden the price of the car goes up by $20K.

Before this they would remove hundreds of cars from the inventory and add them back up a couple of months later.

The whole system seems to be designed to make the task of buying a car as awful as possible with nothing being certain.

I bought a P100d CPO and all 4 tires were 2/32 to 3/32 (I measured and took pictures) and alignment was so off every time you hit a bump on road car did a left / right wiggle. Lastly let go of steering wheel for 2 seconds and your in the ditch such bad alignment. So yeah 70 point inspection is lip service only imo. It’s buyer beware anymore. Good luck on CPOs

Hey, they may very well do a "70 point inspection"...that doesn't guarantee they actually fix anything after doing the inspection though. :p

Bingo. Pics are when Tesla receives the car. That’s why you see pics in driveways, with car seats still in them, water bottles, etc. Doesn’t mean the inspection is worth a darn but good to have some perspective.

That is not always the case. I have received pictures of cars freshly washed and under temporary, dedicated, tents. I have also received pics (taken from 100 feet away) of dirty cars (with no inside pics) sitting in a yard full of other Teslas.

To say that their process is inconsistent would be an understatement. Carmax does a better job than that :)

Reactions: darxsys