Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This place isn’t very active..

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there a place more active that’s geared specifically towards people that live in Japan? I have so many questions..

1) Are there any shops that do good work on Teslas? I want to change to the facelift version of the model S.

2) MCU upgrade isn’t available yet but has anyone thought about just buying the MCU2 and doing it yourself?

3) Has anyone done any wraps here? Any recommendations?

4) I’m trying to buy a mobile connector to charge my model s. I have a home charger but live in an apartment. Anyone wanna swap/know where to purchase a charger?

5) Anyone tint their front windows?

I have a lot more but don’t want to overwhelm anyone.

Hello you can look for Tesla owner group in Janpan on Facebook.....you have lot of peoples who are talking about their Tesla
For Tesla parts many online shops send to japan ,is maybe the best way to find what you wish at good price
For mobile charger you can contact Tesla they sell as well

Hello you can look for Tesla owner group in Janpan on Facebook.....you have lot of peoples who are talking about their Tesla
For Tesla parts many online shops send to japan ,is maybe the best way to find what you wish at good price
For mobile charger you can contact Tesla they sell as well
Thanks so much! I’ll check the group out.

Mobile charger is sadly sold out for now.

Hi, @Arjayes , welcome to the board! In addition to the Facebook group, we have a Tesla Owners mailing list. PM me if you are interested, but most information is in Japanese - there are several members who can write/read English.

Answering your questions:

1) Are there any shops that do good work on Teslas? I want to change to the facelift version of the model S.

Where are you located? There are more garages that do such types of work in Kansai area but I will be able to find one in Tokyo area.

2) MCU upgrade isn’t available yet but has anyone thought about just buying the MCU2 and doing it yourself?

Yes, at least one. PM me and I can introduce him to you.

3) Has anyone done any wraps here? Any recommendations?

I have full wraps on all of my Teslas, since 2014. It's very expensive here - 100 man yen ($10k) for a full wrap. What do you expect for wraps? Do you want protection from stones, door dings, etc? Do you want to preserve paint? Or change color?

4) I’m trying to buy a mobile connector to charge my model s. I have a home charger but live in an apartment. Anyone wanna swap/know where to purchase a charger?

You can call Tesla Service (or email them via app) to buy one. They will be happy to mail it to you once you pay via credit card.

5) Anyone tint their front windows?

I personally don't, and just so you know it is illegal in Japan (for front window) so you need to find a shop that does that.

Reactions: Esquiline