Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This sums up our morning!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today we took delivery of my wife's X90 loaded with everything except the "P" VIN 1985 It pretty much went like this:

Our 2 yr old missed out on the experience, he was in school. (I think he will survive) ;)
IMG_2913.jpg

Went from delivery to Tint:
IMG_2914.jpg

....now home next to my (other) baby:
IMG_2917.jpg

Congrats...consistent with color I see :).

Can you comment on first driving impressions of x? Would you say more nimble driving around town, a freeway coaster or both?
It feels much like S, but definitely a bit more top heavy, but not in a "unstable" way. Definitely feels stable.
The Windshield is ridiculous.
Definitely as responsive as my S.
Interior feels/looks incredible. I have next gen in my S, if I didn't I would seriously consider upgrading after feeling the seats in X.

solid or pearl white? its the eternal question and I dont totally know why i obsessively ask because there is no turning back for me now....but I just gotta know :)
Solid white for both, although the S has opticoat, and so will the X in about 24 hours.
For me the solid white looks cleaner, more glossy from a distance (especially). It's totally a personal preference, but for me, solid is the only way to go. ( I was devastated a few months ago when they removed Solid White, thinking I'd have to get the pearl for the X!! I'm so glad they brought it back!!)

Congrats! How effective is the tint on the panoramic windshield? Did you get a sunshade? Any build issues?
Today was a pretty bright sunny day most of the day. The Tint for me was fully effective. I didn't notice any heat from the sun. Much like the Pano on my S. No sunshade, but in the glove box I found a doc that had it listed with my VIN and that they "owe" it to me.
...Mind you the windshield is absolutely a game changer. What a beaut!!

Build issues: 1.) Hood is a bit misaligned, plastic moulding under funk isn't flush, and wont snap in place.
2.) Front sensor yelled "stop" as I left the delivery lot, turned around and they reset it in 5 mins. No issues since.
3.) After tint, because the tint created a bit more drag, the drivers door was slamming shut, and not insering the glass into the frame, and was outside on the chrome!! (Yikes) I drove back to Delivery (10 min drive, luckily) and they re-calibrated the pinch sensor/window motor. All good since.
Needless to say Service center was attentive, amazing, quick and efficient.
The car has 100 miles now, have the baby seats installed, and I have one really happy wife!!

Last edited:
Ca tint shop in Northridge. I've used them for at least 10 cars over the years. (Including friends) front tint is 35%
Congrats and wonderful pics! I'm assuming no front door issues? I had heard from some owners that film or tint installers which left the door open for 30+min allowed car to go into sleep mode and created some door concerns while being tinted.

Congratulations! Looks like a pretty tight garage. How much clearance do you have from floor to ceiling when your garage doors are open? Do the falcon wing doors open in that space? A photo would be fantastic!

Great to hear! I ordered solid white too for the same reasons :) what's your experience with opticoat? How did it help your S? I was thinking of doing that but also xpel ...not too interested in dropping another 7k in wrapping the car though so thought that the ease of cleaning that opticoat provides would be enough?

Congratulations! Looks like a pretty tight garage. How much clearance do you have from floor to ceiling when your garage doors are open? Do the falcon wing doors open in that space? A photo would be fantastic!

Those are some good questions. I waited until we got the MX before I began to sweat wether or not it fit. So, with the Garage door closed, I had to put a "pad" on the outer door rail to protect the X. It touches it sometimes. The rail is 86.5 inches from the floor. The suspension is on standard.
IMG_2921.jpg

With the garage door open, it's not so good. FWD in the center is not open enough to use it. The drivers side door is good to go, but not fully opening.
IMG_2920.jpg

Conclusion is, the kids get loaded with the garage door closed. (no biggie here for us.)
The FWD's make it 1000000000 times easier to load the kids into their seats, because my wife
is coming from a Prius.

Great to hear! I ordered solid white too for the same reasons :) what's your experience with opticoat? How did it help your S? I was thinking of doing that but also xpel ...not too interested in dropping another 7k in wrapping the car though so thought that the ease of cleaning that opticoat provides would be enough?
This will be the 3rd Tesla I've opticoated. I consider it a permanent wax. (8yrs) My oldest car is 2 yrs old now (I've sold to a friend) and it beads water like a fresh wax job to this day.
Other than the protection a wax provides, Opticoat does little more. It wont prevent chips etc.
I'm very pleased with the gloss it leaves behind, so for me, I will always do it on my high end cars. It effectively saves $ over time, because otherwise I'd have to wax the car every 3-6 months.

Reactions: Fiddler