Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This time actually, I bought a MS.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So for those who I havent spoken to, it has been a long four months of searching and felt I got closer each time to buying a Model S, and each time to budget got bigger. Some of these include:

2015 MSS 85D $42,000 - wouldnt organize shipping
2016 MS 75D Unicorn $52,000 - they ended up trading into Tesla
2016 MS 90D AP2 Facelift $53,000 - Tesla SA was too slow to respond and car was sold
2016 MS 75D AP1 Facelift $45,500 - Tesla SA again to slow to respond to questions, and was sold.
2017 MS 100D $60,000 - was sold on to someone else
2016 MS 60D Unicorn $51,000 - Sold it as organizing financing
2018 MS 75D $55 - organized financing, but Seller made up elaborate lies and went missing (He actually sold the car) - Couldnt close deal

So I decided after all that, my wife and I would go through Tesla new Inventory.

I used a subscription to EV-CPO, however found that Tesla Inventory List - Find your next car displayed scorching hot deals first, as well as being a part of @tesla Showroom Deals group on FB.

This is where I put down a deposit on a 2018 MS 100D (50 miles) Red with Sunroof, Prem package, SAS, 19s for $61,500. The issue was once I put down the deposit. The car was in Hawaii, and would have to fly out. However, they were able to find this one before calling me back.
upload_2019-5-23_22-7-45.png

2018 Model S 100D - 100miles in SF
Premium Package
Hi Amp Charger
Smart Air
Glass Roof
Unlimited Free Supercharging
Removed EAP for -$5000 and will look to add FSD soon enough.

$63,000, before Incentives.

I should get delivery next week and from talking on the phone to the OA, to finishing all my end, it was 5 hours. We should have done it sooner to avoid headaches of private sellers, however, We are super thrilled with our deal.

Delivery should be early next week at our house. It was such a pleasure working with the stores OA Sales Manager, she was extremely helpful, and able to make things happen on a dime, and answer any specific or stupid questions in regards to our unique situation.

As many on here have said..."Be Patient, it will all work eventually" and it did.
Very happy Tesla customer here.

Great Deal - why not EAP/FSD?

My theory, AND may be proved wrong. Since FSD is currently $6000, either at the time of order or after, however it is $3000 to add with EAP installed.
I get a $5000 credit for EAP. In addition, the aspects of EAP that are great, arent that usable to us right now to make it worthwhile. However, if we change our mind, we are able to obtain a 60 day trial, and then maybe FSD package for $6000 w/upgraded HW 3.0 computer

Wow- I haven't seen a 100D for under 76k. Inventory pricing is truly a mystery with a wide spread for no rhyme or reason. 63k blows my mind though- I just don't understand how/why. Even crazier is that if you removed the 21s, you could possibly get a an additional 4500 off.

So following you logic on why you removed EAP, does that mean they'd let you remove EAP on an older car (when it cost $5k) and then add it back later for $3k? Seems like a juicy loophole if true.

Are you planning to lease? Curious to know if they'd allow a lease on a car with this discount.

My theory, AND may be proved wrong. Since FSD is currently $6000, either at the time of order or after, however it is $3000 to add with EAP installed.
I get a $5000 credit for EAP. In addition, the aspects of EAP that are great, arent that usable to us right now to make it worthwhile. However, if we change our mind, we are able to obtain a 60 day trial, and then maybe FSD package for $6000 w/upgraded HW 3.0 computer
Unless things changed, EAP is pre-requisite for FSD. Suspect you will have to buy EAP again to be able to order FSD.

EAP is standard in current custom order S. When your car was priced, EAP was an option. That may be the source of your confusion.

So a brand new (2018 model) 100D for $63K before incentives? Looks like the car also has 21" wheels? I'm finding this to be too good to be true.

I believe he may be taking the credit for removing EAP, 21" Wheel and Tax credit, while not accounting for $1200 transportation cost.

Lowest price (Non Hawaii) that I have come across is was around $72K (with transportation cost) with EAP, making it effectively 67K with EAP removal, and before 3.75K tax incentive. That had about 3500 miles.

It will be interesting to see the order sheet. :)

Wow- I haven't seen a 100D for under 76k. Inventory pricing is truly a mystery with a wide spread for no rhyme or reason. 63k blows my mind though- I just don't understand how/why. Even crazier is that if you removed the 21s, you could possibly get a an additional 4500 off.

So following you logic on why you removed EAP, does that mean they'd let you remove EAP on an older car (when it cost $5k) and then add it back later for $3k? Seems like a juicy loophole if true.

Are you planning to lease? Curious to know if they'd allow a lease on a car with this discount.

I got my inventory 100D using the same website and mine was $73,300 before the tax credit, and that INCLUDED FSD and red paint and only 1,910 miles. I couldn’t be happier with my deal and I can’t wait to pick up my car next Friday. Plus I get the added bonus of free supercharging which I wasn’t expecting at all!! If you want a deal, I would just check that website every hour like I did to find a deal.

I got my inventory 100D using the same website and mine was $73,300 before the tax credit, and that INCLUDED FSD and red paint and only 1,910 miles. I couldn’t be happier with my deal and I can’t wait to pick up my car next Friday. Plus I get the added bonus of free supercharging which I wasn’t expecting at all!! If you want a deal, I would just check that website every hour like I did to find a deal.

Nothing on the site below 78k and those are base levels, why would Tesla price your cars 10-20k lower? Even with 2000 miles I’ve never seen anything close