TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

This time actually, I bought a MS.

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Pismo, May 23, 2019.

1. Pismo

Pismo Member

So for those who I havent spoken to, it has been a long four months of searching and felt I got closer each time to buying a Model S, and each time to budget got bigger. Some of these include:

2015 MSS 85D $42,000 - wouldnt organize shipping
    2016 MS 75D Unicorn $52,000 - they ended up trading into Tesla
    2016 MS 90D AP2 Facelift $53,000 - Tesla SA was too slow to respond and car was sold
    2016 MS 75D AP1 Facelift $45,500 - Tesla SA again to slow to respond to questions, and was sold.
    2017 MS 100D $60,000 - was sold on to someone else
    2016 MS 60D Unicorn $51,000 - Sold it as organizing financing
    2018 MS 75D $55 - organized financing, but Seller made up elaborate lies and went missing (He actually sold the car) - Couldnt close deal

So I decided after all that, my wife and I would go through Tesla new Inventory.

I used a subscription to EV-CPO, however found that Tesla Inventory List - Find your next car displayed scorching hot deals first, as well as being a part of @tesla Showroom Deals group on FB.

This is where I put down a deposit on a 2018 MS 100D (50 miles) Red with Sunroof, Prem package, SAS, 19s for $61,500. The issue was once I put down the deposit. The car was in Hawaii, and would have to fly out. However, they were able to find this one before calling me back.
    upload_2019-5-23_22-7-45.png

2018 Model S 100D - 100miles in SF
    Premium Package
    Hi Amp Charger
    Smart Air
    Glass Roof
    Unlimited Free Supercharging
    Removed EAP for -$5000 and will look to add FSD soon enough.

$63,000, before Incentives.

I should get delivery next week and from talking on the phone to the OA, to finishing all my end, it was 5 hours. We should have done it sooner to avoid headaches of private sellers, however, We are super thrilled with our deal.

Delivery should be early next week at our house. It was such a pleasure working with the stores OA Sales Manager, she was extremely helpful, and able to make things happen on a dime, and answer any specific or stupid questions in regards to our unique situation.

As many on here have said..."Be Patient, it will all work eventually" and it did.
    Very happy Tesla customer here.

• Like x 9
    • Helpful x 1
  2. lagomorph

lagomorph Member

Congrats - great price!

3. Navsarin

Navsarin S100D Red Rocket

The look of the 21’s make the car look sexy.
    Well done! You sure you don’t need the sunroof?

4. 75Shappyt

75Shappyt Member

very good price, you did good, your goin' to love it

5. zsherrin

zsherrin Member

Congrats on finding your dream car!

6. ReddyLeaf

ReddyLeaf Active Member

Screaming deal!

7. KCapital

KCapital Member

Great Deal - why not EAP/FSD?

8. MOD220

MOD220 Member

how is it so cheap? I am looking near me and all are $78K+

9. Pismo

Pismo Member

My theory, AND may be proved wrong. Since FSD is currently $6000, either at the time of order or after, however it is $3000 to add with EAP installed.
    I get a $5000 credit for EAP. In addition, the aspects of EAP that are great, arent that usable to us right now to make it worthwhile. However, if we change our mind, we are able to obtain a 60 day trial, and then maybe FSD package for $6000 w/upgraded HW 3.0 computer

10. Pismo

Pismo Member

11. MOD220

MOD220 Member

I looked there and nothing less than $76k, you were in the 61-63k range, that's a huge spread

12. KCapital

KCapital Member

What was the listed price after the inventory discount before you got reductions for EAP removal? Also what is the vin range (i.e. 271xxx), and how many miles?

• Like x 1
  13. Qbenjamin

Qbenjamin Frugal But Classy!

So a brand new (2018 model) 100D for $63K before incentives? Looks like the car also has 21" wheels? I'm finding this to be too good to be true.

• Helpful x 1
  14. robg

robg Member

Wow- I haven't seen a 100D for under 76k. Inventory pricing is truly a mystery with a wide spread for no rhyme or reason. 63k blows my mind though- I just don't understand how/why. Even crazier is that if you removed the 21s, you could possibly get a an additional 4500 off.

So following you logic on why you removed EAP, does that mean they'd let you remove EAP on an older car (when it cost $5k) and then add it back later for $3k? Seems like a juicy loophole if true.

Are you planning to lease? Curious to know if they'd allow a lease on a car with this discount.

15. Cheburashka

Cheburashka Active Member

Since they removed EAP, it will probably be another 8K to get the same features as EAP after the purchase. (2K for AP, and another 6 for "FSD").

16. David29

David29 Supporting Member

Another unbelievable deal! A brand new car and much more car than I got in 2015 for $85,000. Just crazy!

17. NickFie

NickFie Member

Unless things changed, EAP is pre-requisite for FSD. Suspect you will have to buy EAP again to be able to order FSD.

EAP is standard in current custom order S. When your car was priced, EAP was an option. That may be the source of your confusion.

18. KCapital

KCapital Member

I believe he may be taking the credit for removing EAP, 21" Wheel and Tax credit, while not accounting for $1200 transportation cost.

Lowest price (Non Hawaii) that I have come across is was around $72K (with transportation cost) with EAP, making it effectively 67K with EAP removal, and before 3.75K tax incentive. That had about 3500 miles.

It will be interesting to see the order sheet. :)

19. zsherrin

zsherrin Member

I got my inventory 100D using the same website and mine was $73,300 before the tax credit, and that INCLUDED FSD and red paint and only 1,910 miles. I couldn’t be happier with my deal and I can’t wait to pick up my car next Friday. Plus I get the added bonus of free supercharging which I wasn’t expecting at all!! If you want a deal, I would just check that website every hour like I did to find a deal.

20. MOD220

MOD220 Member

Nothing on the site below 78k and those are base levels, why would Tesla price your cars 10-20k lower? Even with 2000 miles I’ve never seen anything close