Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This truck design had better be a joke....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No way Bro. I bought a Tesla to support the EV revolution. A couple people on this thread, have stated the reasons this fits their needs, thats the reason to buy it. It's so this movie or that, is not a logical reason to buy a vehicle, especially if it is oversized.

You have a point. That being said, we tend to have an infatuation with oversized trucks.

Ok Boomers, go back to use your Blackberries film-cameras and CRTs, this is The Future!
75580641_738136896689968_3003464928008164412_n.jpg

lowpoly_fun_by_seven_teenth_ddl6ue1-pre.jpg

This lady has balls of steel. I cringed when she keyed the trunk. And in the end, this is the pickup truck Tesla should have built. There's also a video that documents the actual conversion:

That has to be the stupidest thing I've read all month. Ya, electric pickup truck buyers want a 2-seat goofy looking cut off sedan with a 3.5 foot bed and less than 800 lb cargo capacity.

Where do you loons come from?

That has to be the stupidest thing I've read all month. Ya, electric pickup truck buyers want a 2-seat goofy looking cut off sedan with a 3.5 foot bed and less than 800 lb cargo capacity.

Where do you loons come from?
maybe a bit blunt but yeah...the cyber truck specs are what's compelling. You don't get there with a 800 payload capacity and basically no tow capacity and...not tough exterior and no ground clearance. For the same price as a model 3.

I can't believe how many people are comfortable making "no one will buy it" and "this will doom Tesla" proclamations when they have very little -- if any -- data to support that, and when we are so far out from a release date.

In 2017, roughly 2.8 million pickup trucks were sold in the USA. Tesla would need 4% or less of that market to sell 100K units a year, which seems achievable... and the only question that matters is, are there 100K people out there every year who'd buy one? The "not a real truck" sneers have been pretty clearly debunked, and the people who say derisively that only "Suzie soccer mom" would want one fail to realize just how many Suzies are out there.

I think it looks odd, and it's not initially attractive to me. But I wonder how many people DO find it attractive; and I also wonder how the design will evolve over time between now and its release date. It may not sell very well, or it may sell VERY WELL INDEED. I think most of us really don't have a clue which one it'll be right now.

I just want to say that after reading all the comments here and elsewhere, and seeing one or two YT videos, I have changed my opinion of the Cybertruck. (I still think it's a stupid name.) I won't buy one because I have no need for a pickup truck. But I no longer think it's necessarily a terrible design. I think there are problems, such as the difficult access to the bed from the sides. But overall, I think there will be a big enough market for it to make it a success.

Reactions: lafrisbee
Needed to visit Giant Motors this morning, my favorite paint/body shop in Miami. The owner is a great guy who knows I'm a long-time Tesla owner. He drives a full-size pickup truck, a Ford I think... and the first words out of his mouth were "Have you seen the Tesla Cybertruck, man? That thing is badass!" His perception was that torque, range, comfort, and towing capacity would put his current truck to shame, that the other technical aspects like bed length were fine; and interestingly, he loves the look. Called it bold, and fearless. I've also heard positive comments from another 3-4 people who have no current connection to the EV world.

Interesting. How many people will buy it, and will it be a great success... I have no idea. But I'd feel pretty confident that it will not be a "complete failure".

Last edited: