Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This truck design had better be a joke....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did, and all it did was give me nightmares.

Seriously, I’m worried this will tarnish Tesla’s reputation. I’m concerned this hideous design will make them the laughingstock in many circles a well-designed truck shouldn’t. Tesla has had a great reputation for design and this truck detracts from that hard-earned heritage.

Good grief, you could have made a truck futuristic, different and still attractive. IMO this is only different. Futuristic is not synonymous with weird. I think the meager $100 deposit is not a sign of confidence.

To those that ordered it, I truly wish you the best. I guess ugly is in the eyes of the beholder. :)

How aerodynamic is a F150? Not very.

Put in front of you:

Electric F-150. 250 mile range, $70K (looks "normal")
Tesla Cybertruck. 500 mile range, $70K (looks "different")

Agreed. There’s really no mystery as to why the stock fell today. This is a bit of a disaster in terms of what It could have potentially been. Now, it’s just a bizarre niche vehicle that a few people might enjoy. It could have been revolutionary like the model 3...especially given the power at this price point.

glad Tesla still has the model 3 and model y. This will be as niche as the roadster.

It’s like when Apple came out with those stupid phones with big screens in the mid-2000’s. Too big, too fragile, didn’t look anything like all the practical phones on the market that worked just fine. I bought an iPhone when they were first released and endured a fair amount of ribbing and jokes. I’ll buy one of these trucks and the same will happen. We’ll have to wait a few years to see how this plays out.

Reactions: Revelation
I know..... I thought that it was a joke. Attention getter for sure. Well.... it sort of grows on me... after looking at it again and again..... If I was in a market for a truck, I would get one.
With PG&E power outs in CA, this truck could be very useful with its built-in generator.
I am wondering if Tesla is going to offer different colors or just SS, like Delorean ??? Black version would look pretty sick.

Reactions: Yuri_G
I've had overnight to toss and turn over this, and funny thing is, I find it's growing on me. I'm concerned about the bed though. I think the masses are going to require a 4x8 bed, and clearly rear seats are not a must-have for the pickup market. I hope they develop a single row seat model with a longer bed.

Let us pray that its features will sell this.

Reactions: 365gtb4
The think is all pickups basically look the same, and all ugly.

Same could be said for tires. There's a functional reason for that.

Tesla will sell some of these to the True Believers and those that need to draw attention to themselves (I can just wait for the first one to get the Bro-Dozer treatment). A Tesla truck coud have been revolutionary. Instead it will be about equal in automotive importance as a Morgan, maybe.