Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This truck design had better be a joke....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A Pressurized Edition? The Cybertruck was really designed for Mars. :)

Tesla-CyberTruck-marte.jpg

The cybertruck will be awesome for contractors - more fun to drive, Autopilot for long trips, tons of storage, built in power and air compressor, etc.
That so-called compressor will be too puny to be of any use to a contractor; small volume of air and probably at pretty low pressure, so couldn't feed most air tools, possibly not even a 23 Ga pin nailer.
Without knowing the output specs of the power outlets, we can't know whether they could supply a Sawzall, SCMS, table saw or Skillsaw, (all 15A 120V machines = 1.8 kW), but almost certainly would not support several at once. Most job sites have Grid power anyway.
High sides make it impossible to access the bed from the sides as tradesmen do with their pickups every day.
The locking bed cover is a nice feature to prevent theft though, if it is robust enough.
The frunk would make a convenient space for some tools and tool belts.

• Informative
Reactions: Watts_Up
I know there's a lot of "disagreement" on the styling, but it reminds me of a vehicle I owned in 1973.
It even had flat panel styling and a "charge port" high up on the body near a wheel well, just like the Cybertruck.

00w0w_8IuuncfFdil_600x450.jpg

VW called it the THING - seemed appropriate at the time. In case you think I'm being overly negative,
I placed a deposit for the Thing's offspring on the Tesla website.
Somehow THING 2 seems like an appropriate name instead of CYBRTRK
I would not mind if Tesla was making a little brother to the CyberTruck and about the size of the VW the Thing.
The CyberTruck is just a little too be for my garage and my need.

• Love
Reactions: FlatSix911
After my sister put down a deposit, and then my wife, and then my mum asked for one too...well I didn't want to be the only one left in the family without an armoured personnel carrier.

I'm in and find myself really excited about this vehicle; more so than even my first Tesla. This thing is going to be incredible!
:cool::cool::cool:

Looks are subjective...here is how I rank the aesthetics of all Tesla vehicles:

1. Model S
2. Roadster 2020
3. Cybertruck
4. Semi
5. Model 3
6. Model Y
7. Model X (my current vehicle)

Last edited:
Seriously Elon, you need to scrap this jokemobile and make a REAL pickup truck. The kind that will be used in the same ways at the top 3 selling vehicles (pickup trucks) are used. Then and only then can the Tesla superiority shine.

No one asked for this fantasymobile, no one wants it, and Tesla will LOSE if they build it.

Elon doesn't care what you asked for. And going on 200,000 deposits disagrees with your "no one wants it".

Reactions: wesley888
Lol seems many were wrong on here. That’s a crazy amount of pre orders. I ordered 2. It’s like women. Some people have girlfriends or wives I find ugly but they find them attractive. Wouldn’t it be boring if everything looked the same. Kind of like how the Tesla cars look.

I live in Maui. I've been telling folks that soon they can get an electric pickup truck. But here, all pickup trucks have a rack over the bed and cab. They carry canoes and kayaks on the rack. Construction people carry ladders and whatnot. This "Cybertruck" (i.e. Mad Max truck) has no easy way to in stall a rack. Nobody in the state of Hawaii will buy one. And that's sad because with all the installed solar here the truck could run zero-carbon. My Model 3 (best car ever!) runs 100% on sunlight from my home solar. (I dialed the charger down to 15 amps at 240 volts so my solar panels can run the charger and my A/C at the same time without drawing from the Powerwalls). An electric pickup truck would be an easy sell here in the Aloha state. But not if you can't put a rack over the bed and cab!

A few urban cowboys might buy it, but nobody who uses a truck for actual work, and nobody who has to carry something long, like a canoe or a ladder or construction materials.

I really hope this is a joke. But it's been two days (?) since the reveal, so I'm afraid it's not.

They could still cut their loses, scrap this thing, and build a proper pickup that can be used as a pickup.

how do you know you can’t install a ladder rack? The slope of the back is the perfect place to stow a ladder.... anything it’s possible when the correct bending of steel.

Reactions: PACEMD
After my sister put down a deposit, and then my wife, and then my mum asked for one too...well I didn't want to be the only one left in the family without an armoured personnel carrier.

I'm in and find myself really excited about this vehicle; more so than even my first Tesla. This thing is going to be incredible!
:cool::cool::cool:

Looks are subjective...here is how I rank the aesthetics of all Tesla vehicles:

1. Model S
2. Roadster 2020
3. Cybertruck
4. Semi
5. Model 3
6. Model Y
7. Model X (my current vehicle)

With all due respect, did you just list the model S over the roadster for aesthetics? Lol

right...

this needs it’s own topic cybertruck looks interesting but i’m not sure it cracks the top three for aesthetics. Maybe for process engineering....

For me it’s at the very bottom in regards to pure aesthetics. It ain’t beautiful by any means. No lovely curves, no elegance. I hated it when it was first released. Now, it’s growing on me a lot. It’s beginning to look pretty badass. But beautiful? Haha

This truck is designed for a tiny sliver of the market. Kind of like the original Hummer.

Imaging that it will develop a following of enthusiasts. Imagine off roading, camping, trailer towing etc.

It does have a large bed. That is what they opened up to hold the ATV. Interesting how the bed cover slides away into the ceiling.

Imagine it will find a market as a portable power station. With 110v, 220v and compressed air.

Won't be long before an RV conversion becomes available.

As with most things Tesla, they will probably sell as fast as they can make them.

Foreign diplomats and politicians will be interested in the bullet resistance aspect. Every Warloard is gonna want a fleet of these.

It's capabilities are far beyond any other pickup, with performance, handling and towing capacity.

It will find it's market. Not gonna see one in typical suburban garages, except for perhaps one in every neighborhood for "that guy"

I want to be "that guy"! If I didnt already own an S I would buy one. Definitely the tri motor version... I would love dusting the typical OEM truckscat stoplights while towing a 10k trailer! Lol.

I think this sums up the design aesthetic best :

EKCkGdlUEAAuqTU.jpg

It’s a nice looking truck, and it ended there. Nothing too excited about it. Model S - when I first saw it, I wanted one, but it was too expense. Model X - it’s nice, but I still preferred the S. Model 3 - the exterior was nice, but i didn’t like the plainness of the dash. After driving my 3 for almost 2 years, I just love the design of the interior.

As for the Cybertruck, i have gone from WTF, weird, I could not stop thinking about it, I get it, I love it, should I trade in my 3 later, it’s a bit too big for my place, still thinking about it....

As others have stated, this piece of sheeet will grow on you.