Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This truck design had better be a joke....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This looks futuristic....

Benz-Concept-gear-patrol-full-lead.jpg

This looks like someone from 1989s version of futuristic....

191121212606-tesla-cybertruck-exlarge-169.jpg

Unfortunately, the production version of the Merc will never look like that and if it does, it won't be affordable.

Reactions: Petrocelli
Where were you two weeks ago?

This reminds me of those who are now vigorously waving the "MAGA" flag, with Trump bumper sitckers and Trump signs in their windows... when during the primaries they completely discounted Trump. Hell, I went to the Republican Caucus specifically to vote FOR Trump, as a little bit of rat-fscking since everyone else thought he was a joke. They even suspected that this was what I was doing. I was the only vote for him there, lol.

I don't have any respect for tribalism for tribalism's sake. I remember, what happened...

The irony is pretty strong on this post.

I was referring to the unibody vs. body on frame.

Exactly. A lot of the automotive press is referring to this as a unibody simply because it’s not a body on chassis and those are the only two categories they understand. It’s not that. Every car on the road in 2019 is a unibody and all “crossovers” too. There are a few areas like how loads are transmitted for towing where that is analogous but that’s all. The Cybertruck is primarily very innovative manufacturing engineering that has consequences for design. This is a design that can be more easily built by “the alien dreadnought”. A unibody per se ain’t that.

• Informative
Reactions: FlatSix911
20 percent seems reasonable someone else floated....

There is an important difference between this deposit and the Model 3. The Model 3 had no checkoff for adding Full Self Driving at a fixed price - because it didn’t exist. The CT deposit let’s you lock-in FSD at $7000 for the same $100 deposit.
Whether this matters to you depends on what you think may happen over the next couple years. Elon and Tesla are guiding that FSD Feature Complete is coming very soon. FSD ready for no driver within a year or so (with the flood of data from FC FSD). They also say the price of the FSD will rise with it’s capabilities. Based on the Tesla presentation, FSD when there are Tesla Network Robotaxis may cost $50,000 over the price of the vehicle.

What percent of preorders would convert if they let you buy FSD for $7000 when it costs $50,000 otherwise? 100%, otherwise you’re throwing away $43,000 even if you just resell the vehicle. Maybe it’s not that extreme, but any higher price for FSD in the future translates into a tangible gain.

• Funny
Where were you two weeks ago?

This reminds me of those who are now vigorously waving the "MAGA" flag, with Trump bumper sitckers and Trump signs in their windows... when during the primaries they completely discounted Trump. Hell, I went to the Republican Caucus specifically to vote FOR Trump, as a little bit of rat-fscking since everyone else thought he was a joke. They even suspected that this was what I was doing. I was the only vote for him there, lol.

I don't have any respect for tribalism for tribalism's sake. I remember, what happened...

I can identify a person feeding algorhytms, in order to dissuade purchases; your vocabulary deters harmony in a group.

Walk away. You have no informational value here, whatsoever.

• Funny
Let's be honest. It was crazy to spend so much time pontificating about the huge truck market and then reveal something that will not even remotely interest most truck buyers. Mixed messages galore. You can't explain the looks away by saying it's not for everybody and then talk about how big the market is etc. I had planned on buying one for years but I can't follow through in spite of the looks. And no I don't need to see this in real life.

Ladies and Gentlemen; one of your forum's "Merchants of Tesla Doubt".

Cal just started a post about the CT's failed suspension systems, then wrote a paragraph therein about it being useless altogether. 5 days after saying he wasn't buying one, he needs to supply disinformation!? Loser.....

Seriously Elon, you need to scrap this jokemobile and make a REAL pickup truck. The kind that will be used in the same ways at the top 3 selling vehicles (pickup trucks) are used. Then and only then can the Tesla superiority shine.

No one asked for this fantasymobile, no one wants it, and Tesla will LOSE if they build it.
:confused:

LOL :D
Is that why >300,000 was pre-ordered within a week ?
What would happen if somebody wanted it ? :eek:

:confused:

LOL :D
Is that why >300,000 was pre-ordered within a week ?
What would happen if somebody wanted it ? :eek:

I think what we're seeing is that people want a pickup truck so bad that they'll even buy this thing. I mean, that lady in the video bought a Model 3 and chopped it apart to make it into a pickup truck, for crying out loud!

They'd have a million orders by now if they'd just done what she did!

• Funny
Reactions: HVM