Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Anon2

Of Course I Trust You Will Do The Right Thing
Where did 2017 go? A lot has transpired and inspired. While other matters rendered us mute with frustration. It's all good. As they say what doesn't keel us over. Tesla is all lit up with awesome. Even amidst recent challenges seasoned with some unsavory news. Thursday's semi event was done up in typical party vibe tech favors consistent with this unique company's new model unveils. This beast of a vehicle, however, wowed us beyond our normal euphoria tolerances. An electric semi that accelerates to max 65 mph with tonnage, uphill. Fully enhanced autopilot feature comes standard. (Autonomous aspect on fleek. Slows truck down after no response to manual override. Brings it to a safe stop. Will send for additional medical emergency help. SUPERB). No gear shifting required. Worse nightmare, jack knifing, eliminated via all wheel auto torque adjustment. High mileage per charge, as in 500. Convoy capability for achieving triple max haul and lowest operating cost overall. That's versus diesels AND rail. This packs a three-fer punch. Performance. Reliability. Affordability. So what was market response to that bit? Yes please. I'll take some of those. Reservations steady coming in include Wal-Mart J.B. Hunt and Canadian supermarket retailer Loblaw, who ordered 25 in plans to transition its entire fleet of commercial vehicles to full electric by 2030. In my post event write up I polled readers if you could see yourself in a Tesla semi? I wasn't joking. This vehicle appeals in every way. Especially to an entrepreneurial spirit.

What's up SolarCity? Recent news suggest it has slipped a notch from number one to two in residential solar panel leasing. Sunrun has overtaken Tesla backed SolarCity, perhaps, by only a slight margin but still what's needed to regain top market footing? Customer service and a robust referral program. Those using Tesla energy products sharing and spreading knowledge. How much it is saving in sustainable dollars and sense. How the products really do work as presented. Holding in house staffers accountable to exemplary, going far beyond, no questions asked just fix it service when something needs tweaking. Gives even more positive fodder to spread abroad.
This is what it comes down to. Performance. Reliability. Affordability. Equals superb. Evident in Tesla brand across the board save one variant. Affordability. A healthy vibrant referral program can be a selling catalyst that invites more folks into showrooms who may not have the income but their passion and product knowledge brings others who do have the assets to complete the sale. Basically we're expanding on earning a Tesla by selling it to our colleagues friends and family members. Aka the mass market.

Had an interesting Uber experience this week. Driver's car was a hybrid. Immediately I lit up and conversation, with co-rider present turned to Tesla. I'm trying to sell these guys on a Model 3 as driver mentions affordability is a barrier. I encourage him to go and take a test drive. Hope he does.

SpaceX. *Sighs* Scratches a scheduled Friday launch for additional data review and some testing. Buzz it's fairing related but being mission enshrouded in secrecy we cannot be absolutely certain, can we? Truthfully, I'm jonesing for a launch and none compares to the Falcon. From lift off and first stage return to second stage completion. Except, of course, future of SpaceX vehicles the BFR.

Off topic but not really. An interesting read on causation versus collective computation. Got you thinking? Just gonna drop it here.

I leave you with a model journey of Tesla brand. From Roadster to Roadster. R2. Speed appeal. Some prophetic insight from Elon. Where are we with this alpha numeric nomenclature anyway. Let's see R X S 3 Y TS R2...