Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Anon2

Of Course I Trust You Will Do The Right Thing
2006-2017
49 overall launches
44 Falcon 9
13 Dragon

2018-
52 Launch Customers

No one can argue SpaceX had a phenomenal year. Capping an awesome launch record. Sits at 49 overall. Falcon 9 boosting 44 of those liftoffs. 13 of which were flown with Dragon. 2018 stands to be another record setting year for Elon Musk's space exploration team. 52 customers listed on launch manifest. Hot ticket items though belong to NASA.

SpaceX is a prime contractor who will be sending its flight reusable proven orbital transportation vehicle, Dragon, back to the International Space Station. Flights will include both unmanned and crew on board missions. Once NASA's rigid safety requirements are met initial unmanned test flights will be scheduled. Falcon Heavy is set to debut in first launch attempt at the end of this month.

It is SpaceX progression in scaled up booster models for OTVs. Successful launch mission, first stage flight return and recovery, and second stage completion will be tremendous leap forward. Ultimately sets stage of success in further development of BFR technology structure and design.

Tesla reports in for Q4 2017.

Numbers were fairly under that which to be expected but not bad considering Q3 results.

The electric car company has moved steady forward. Staying focused on Model 3 deliveries. Rolling out its new semi. Most important, product development. There's buzz about a new pick up.

Remember the Model 3 is a ten year project. No where to go but up after meandering, successfully, round that manufacturing S curve. I predict a phenomenal 2018-19 upward shift for Tesla brand. Including increased customer loyalty generated by new product and enhanced technological features to existing models which improve functionality. Tesla improves driver experience with supercharger station upgrades. My local Philly favorite, Wawa, converted to electric vehicle owner fun stop for recharging bodies. Sustainable fuel food and coffee. Ahhh.

Cool trend looks to continue for the elongated-term. Musk tweets late Saturday night he'll go ole school at an LA supercharger station. Wouldn't happen to be an In & Out, would it?

AI fear factor focuses on bots but are we overlooking the clear and present danger of the algorithm in the computer code language room? Check it.

Upcoming. Falcon Heavy debut launch promises to be the space kickass startup of the year. Kinda like it's last launch to close out 2017. The clever CO2 induced cloud trails which to some appeared extraterrestrial. Honestly, to me? *Enters confessional closet* It looked a lot like a BFS (Big F'ing Sperm cell). *Exits confessional closet*

InShot_20180107_135809117.jpg InShot_20180107_135901159.jpg
InShot_20180107_140531866.jpg

Maybe, if actual timing of launch schedule works in my favor, it will be me first live reporting from some place a wee bit warmer than where I am now.

Til next post...

Postnote: Today primary launch window opens at 8pm EST for the mysterious and secret Zuma spacecraft from launch Complex 40, SLC-40 Cape Canaveral AFS, FL. SpaceX will attempt first stage relanding of Falcon 9 at its Landing Zone 1, LZ-1 Cape Canaveral AFS, FL. Today's targeted launch will be SpaceX 50th overall and Falcon 9's 45th.

*Actual overall launch # per tonight's Zuma prelaunch broadcast is 18. Differs from total published on website cadence since 2006. Assuming 18 comprises successful launch minus failed attempts and/or scraps?

One site I find useful so far as SpaceX stats goes is SpaceX Stats

It reports 18 launches in 2017 (no failures) - is that the number they were referring to?

Reactions: Anon2