Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This will be an unpopular view but...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
BMW = bad cars (reliability wise) and 90% bad drivers. A model 3 makes their blood boil as an SR+ minces 92% of their car lineup before the throttle is pushed. Half a ton of pistons doesn't do it anymore....

Totally inaccurate statement. I have two current BMW’s and have owned many before. Maybe, I am lucky and knock on wood, but have great luck on reliability. Also - bad drives, that is a bad statement too.

I think BMW makes great cars and excited for the new EV next year!

I also like Tesla’s too! :)

Cars always go down in value since time began, nothing changes there. However the price of the cars may be on sale for a while but FSD keeps on going up. So the gap of having a fully autonomous car will be only for the wealthy it seems so far. Which is a strange kind of vision when making the roads safer is priority... Forgive me for my warped vision but maybe in the future when its copied to hell or you buy a comma.ai autonomy will be standard for all one day like it should be. You see if it arrives by the end of 2020 like 2019 or it arrives by 2025. This is a profit making endeavour not necessarily for the benefit for mankind / environment in a lot of ways unless the plan is to release the source. I am on board and I want to see cheaper Tesla's so more people uptake EV's, the company does well but its a shame as FSD prices rise more and more people will be driving around with wasted features that could save life's.
autonomous vehicles => transportation as a service => you may not need to purchase a vehicle that is parked most of the time.

purchase transport as you need it OR use your vehicle as an income earning asset

Some of us are still waiting to get a single feature from the FSD option we bought. So it is painful to see the price of that option go down when we haven’t gotten to enjoy it at all.

I just had two awesome rides to and from a gym much farther away from my apartment _because_ of Full Self Driving. I use this feature every day. Nothing on the market compares. I love not having to drive during the longest parts of my trip.

I just had two awesome rides to and from a gym much farther away from my apartment _because_ of Full Self Driving. I use this feature every day. Nothing on the market compares. I love not having to drive during the longest parts of my trip.

Well, hello there very old quote. Quick history lesson: when I posted that, there were zero FSD features released. Even as of today, there is still only 1 feature released and that is the traffic and stop sign beta thing, which I am not sure is worth the $3k. All the rest of the features are included in my $5k enhanced autopilot package. The only real benefit I have gotten for my $3k is the FSD computer upgrade, which I have come to terms with at this point.

When you are looking at old posts, be aware that there are actually TWO FSD packages out there in Tesla land. The modern one, which I assume you are referring to, and the one I bought in 2017 which is an entirely different animal (and the one discussed in this thread). This thread was about the March 2019 “fire sale” when they lowered the price of FSD from $3k to $2k before they had released any FSD features to anyone.

Last edited:
Well, hello there very old quote. Quick history lesson: when I posted that, there were zero FSD features released. Even as of today, there is still only 1 feature released and that is the traffic and stop sign beta thing, which I am not sure is worth the $3k. All the rest of the features are included in my $5k enhanced autopilot package. The only real benefit I have gotten for my $3k is the FSD computer upgrade, which I have come to terms with at this point.

When you are looking at old posts, be aware that there are actually TWO FSD packages out there in Tesla land. The modern one, which I assume you are referring to, and the one I bought in 2017 which is an entirely different animal (and the one discussed in this thread). This thread was about the March 2019 “fire sale” when they lowered the price of FSD from $3k to $2k before they had released any FSD features to anyone.

curious - your (old) FSD computer board will get replaced/upgraded (no additional cost) IF/When you pay up for full FSD software package - is that what you understand?

curious - your (old) FSD computer board will get replaced/upgraded (no additional cost) IF/When you pay up for full FSD software package - is that what you understand?

Yes, that is what I understand. I have heard one report of someone who was offered the chip upgrade only for $2k without the software, but that was most likely a YMMV service center thing.

lol; I realized that I was responding to an old post after posting my response!

Reactions: Az_Rael