Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Those blue 'enhancement' lights on the long-ago Concept Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

AudubonB

One can NOT induce accuracy via precision!
Mar 24, 2013
They really looked cool, didn't they? They were the little led DRLs.

My understanding is that they were dropped from the production series as being illegal in the US. Does anyone know if that is by SAE fiat, or through what statute?

But my real question is.... has anyone re-implanted them? Any experience on a state-by-state basis?

Not the same thing, but I don't know if this was discussed anywhere. When I picked up my Sig, the running lights did a little dance. I didn't even realize it until later when I watched this video my daughter made. Check out what the headlights are doing at 0:36:
i-5SnKwmm-L.jpg

Wonder what happened to that. I think it's pretty cool!

Last edited:
Not the same thing, but I don't know if this was discussed anywhere. When I picked up my Sig, the running lights did a little dance. I didn't even realize it until later when I watched this video my daughter made. Check out what the headlights are doing at 0:36:
i-5SnKwmm-L.jpg

Wonder what happened to that. I think it's pretty cool!

Looks to me like the typical strobing you see when you try to film LEDs

Why do LED lights flash on camera? : TopGear

Try this link:

http://www.wired.com/images_blogs/autopia/2009/06/tesla_b.jpg

I believe I erred in using the term "concept". "Pre-production" might be more accurate.

Each State has different statutes. NY requires operation of blue lights by authorized volunteer firefighter personnel when responding only (although requires a single 360 degree light (that part is ignored big time), CT, NC, FL, SC, GA, TN, CA all signify blue with police... as you can see you will get stopped pretty quick with forward facing blue "look at me" lights.

Each State has different statutes. NY requires operation of blue lights by authorized volunteer firefighter personnel when responding only (although requires a single 360 degree light (that part is ignored big time), CT, NC, FL, SC, GA, TN, CA all signify blue with police... as you can see you will get stopped pretty quick with forward facing blue "look at me" lights.

Growing up in FL, and knowing some rich kids. I know for sure FL (at least Tampa) the police/sheriff will pull you over for blue accent lights. I had a friend that thought he could get away with them at least until the third time he got pulled over.