Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Those that have a wrapped Tesla, I need input

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been seriously considering doing a warp for the first time in my life.

Today, I had to take my 2022 M3 in for a problem and it turned out to be a sensor that was faltering. it was replaced.

While picking up my car, I told the Tesla rep that I was considering a wrap and that I had read on 3M's web site to
NOT WRAP SENSORS and wondered what problems they have seen with wrapped cars.

The Tesla rep said they have seen problems with wrapped Teslas and maybe if the wrap was thin or NOT metallic, one might get away with it.

Wouldn't you know it, I want a metallic.

Those of you that have a wrap, any sensor problems?
Those of you that have a metallic wrap, any sensor problems?

I am listening to you and I kind of agree but before I throw the color a side, I'm going to test...

I have a 12"x12" vinyl piece of the color that I would like which is a high gloss/metallic red. Tomorrow, I'm going to cut a 12 2"x2" pieces and wrap all the sensors and take it for a drive to see what happens

Your thoughts please

This morning I covered 5 sensors (2 in front, 3 in the rear) with the metallic vinyl that I'm considering as a wrap.

I drove the car around the neighborhood, went to a parking lot and played with Summon. I came to my garage and summoned the car to enter the garage which it did and parked perfectly and then the car closed the garage door.

All the above was achieved without one error from a covered sensor.

From the test above, I'm thinking there should not be any sensor problem with the considered vinyl as a wrap, correct???