Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Those who reset score - how soon after reaching 99/100 (100+ miles) did you receive FSD Beta?

Those who reset score - how soon after reaching 99/100 (100+ miles) did you receive FSD Beta?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My latest score… yet no FSD. I’m on Day 5.

Attachments

• 966BE7B4-2840-4A54-96C6-AC38D5F2DBB8.jpeg
    966BE7B4-2840-4A54-96C6-AC38D5F2DBB8.jpeg
    111.7 KB · Views: 125
  • 1950C51C-BE24-4A8D-983E-00E8418B9EA0.jpeg
    1950C51C-BE24-4A8D-983E-00E8418B9EA0.jpeg
    156.4 KB · Views: 90
It seems like Tesla onboards new users when the push new new point releases, but not patches (e.g. onboarding batch on 10.8, but not on 10.8.1).

The 10.9 release train might be rolling now/soon, so that would in theory be the next opportunity, if the pattern holds. I don't think we know what admission criteria Tesla will use, if they admit any new users at all. Anecdotally, from just following the threads, I think existing users get pushed the update first -- then Tesla will extend invitations to new users, toward the end of the train.

It seems like Tesla onboards new users when the push new new point releases, but not patches (e.g. onboarding batch on 10.8, but not on 10.8.1).

The 10.9 release train might be rolling now/soon, so that would in theory be the next opportunity, if the pattern holds. I don't think we know what admission criteria Tesla will use, if they admit any new users at all. Anecdotally, from just following the threads, I think existing users get pushed the update first -- then Tesla will extend invitations to new users, toward the end of the train.
How do we know of 10.9 is around the corner?

Reactions: planetary
Getting tired of waiting and every drive is a damn risk of getting a lower score. What a joke. Spent 10k for a glorified AP on the highway.
Having similar thoughts this side as well.
Almost 2K miles with score of 100 (approx 1500 on 100, 350ish on 99 and 150ish spread between 97 and 98)

But driving like that is taking a toll

Have been on 99 for a month and still no FSD. I am about to give up on this.
I've been on 99 since late November. Welcome to the club.

Wouldn't it be nice if Tesla could, you know, communicate with its customers? The people who, sometimes years ago, paid thousands of dollars for a feature they were assured was "coming soon". The same people who were told that everyone who paid for FSD would be automatically enrolled in the beta program.

How hard would it be to tell us exactly what we need to be accepted into the FSD beta program? As far as I know the only concrete thing Elon's said, back when the program started, was that everyone with a 100 score would get it, and it would roll out to lower scores as time went on.

(Unless you're an investor with a few million $ in Tesla. Then a score in the 30s is OK.)

But we know that not everyone with 100 is getting it, because some of them are complaining about it here. And while a lot of people with 98s and 99s have gotten it, there are probably more people who haven't.

Why? Who knows? Is the rollout paused? Are FSD downloads only rolled out to new users at point releases? Is Tesla taking into account things other than the safety score, like the percentage of cars in a given area that have it? It's a complete mystery. Also, shut up, peasant. Just be happy you're allowed to own a Tesla.

In the meantime, for those of us waiting, every drive in our beloved cars has become a white-knuckled, nerve-wracking ordeal. Seriously, today I got a "hard braking" ding when I braked for someone backing out in front of me in a parking lot. I wasn't even doing 5mph! That dropped my daily score to 97. On the weekends I go for long drives on deserted roads just to accumulate 100s to keep my average up.

So Tesla keeps FSD eligibility a thing of myth and legend, a dark and serious secret, which you're not allowed to know.

But in the meantime, they'll raise the price. Because why not? And then Elon tells everyone FSD will be at Level 4 by the end of the year, and he'll be "shocked" if it's not safer than a human driver by then.

Swear to God, sometimes I think he's just playing with us.

On the weekends I go for long drives on deserted roads just to accumulate 100s to keep my average up.
I've been begging the wife for weekend trips to Charleston or Savannah ever since I found out about the Safety Score 😂

Today, I got my score back up to a 99 but then got dinged for some FCWs (that I don't even recall happening) and dropped back to a 98.

You're right. Driving my new car is not enjoyable at the moment.

I've been at 99 for two weeks and no Beta. I was hoping that other club members would give me an assurance that it was coming soon. Oh, well. Elon said in the earnings call that 60,000 owners have it, and my impression was that the company thinks the more the merrier. So what gives?

I've been at 99 for two weeks and no Beta. I was hoping that other club members would give me an assurance that it was coming soon. Oh, well. Elon said in the earnings call that 60,000 owners have it, and my impression was that the company thinks the more the merrier. So what gives?

We're waiting for an onboarding opportunity. Tesla has so far only onboarded new customers into FSD beta when there's a new release, and only then after all the existing users get upgraded. (We think.) And:
- There had been no full release since around Christmas (version 10.8)
- There was a 10.8.1 patch -- but they don't seem to onboard new users for patches, just full versions and point releases.
- Last week, they were a day or two into the 10.9 rollout, when they halted it, leaving most of the existing beta testers on the 10.8 version.
- Nobody knows what will be released next, or when, or if that will include new user onboarding.

Yay.

Reactions: WindyCity