Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Those who reset score - how soon after reaching 99/100 (100+ miles) did you receive FSD Beta?

Those who reset score - how soon after reaching 99/100 (100+ miles) did you receive FSD Beta?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We're waiting for an onboarding opportunity. Tesla has so far only onboarded new customers into FSD beta when there's a new release, and only then after all the existing users get upgraded. (We think.)
Yep. "We think"...because Tesla won't say.

In the meantime I got a forward collision warning yesterday-- entirely my fault, I hasten to add. Still, dropped my two-month-long "99" to a "98". Sigh.

Reactions: planetary
Yep. "We think"...because Tesla won't say.

In the meantime I got a forward collision warning yesterday-- entirely my fault, I hasten to add. Still, dropped my two-month-long "99" to a "98". Sigh.

Almost a month since the last onboarding.

Gotta be some people out there losing their minds with safety score. I’m a legacy driver so I’ve been driving with safety score for nearly 4 months but I can imagine those that subscribed at the beginning of the month with nothing to show for it by the end of the month might be a little upset.

Yea I'm not even gonna download that crap lol

Unless it's a prerequisite for the FSD beta download...
Have seen several of your posts upset or anxious about FSD Beta but to put it into perspective you’ve had you car barely a month? Many here have waited Years to make the list so consider managed expectations for your adoption Maybe.

Have seen several of your posts upset or anxious about FSD Beta but to put it into perspective you’ve had you car barely a month? Many here have waited Years to make the list so consider managed expectations for your adoption Maybe.

Safety Score bullshittery is enough to drive anyone mad.

I fully respect the way they feel as previously new participants were added about every 2 weeks at max and now it’s been a month with no communication on why or when. Being annoyed is justified imo.

Safety Score bullshittery is enough to drive anyone mad.

I fully respect the way they feel as previously new participants were added about every 2 weeks at max and now it’s been a month with no communication on why or when. Being annoyed is justified imo.
Seriously. My wife still hasn't driven the Tesla yet. I'm afraid she will get dinged not because she's a bad driver or anything but because the software is so trash. She doesn't care about what car she drives so it's whatever but she's driving the ICE until we get beta 😂 It's just very inconvenient since the kids' carseats are in the Y and not the ICE.

Seriously. My wife still hasn't driven the Tesla yet. I'm afraid she will get dinged not because she's a bad driver or anything but because the software is so trash. She doesn't care about what car she drives so it's whatever but she's driving the ICE until we get beta 😂 It's just very inconvenient since the kids' carseats are in the Y and not the ICE.
Totally makes sense. Wait to get Beta test option then let the wife and children experience experimental road tests first hand. What could go wrong!

• Disagree
Reactions: simdank
We're waiting for an onboarding opportunity. Tesla has so far only onboarded new customers into FSD beta when there's a new release, and only then after all the existing users get upgraded. (We think.) And:
- There had been no full release since around Christmas (version 10.8)
- There was a 10.8.1 patch -- but they don't seem to onboard new users for patches, just full versions and point releases.
- Last week, they were a day or two into the 10.9 rollout, when they halted it, leaving most of the existing beta testers on the 10.8 version.
- Nobody knows what will be released next, or when, or if that will include new user onboarding.

Yay.
Great information. Thanks. All we can do is hang tight.

Reactions: Yelobird
Almost a month since the last onboarding.

Gotta be some people out there losing their minds with safety score. I’m a legacy driver so I’ve been driving with safety score for nearly 4 months but I can imagine those that subscribed at the beginning of the month with nothing to show for it by the end of the month might be a little upset.
I’m at 2500 miles and a 98 score. Got a forward collision warning because of a freaking shadow on the road today and am scared as all hell that I’ll drop to 97 before they let more people in

Reactions: dramsey
I’m at 2500 miles and a 98 score. Got a forward collision warning because of a freaking shadow on the road today and am scared as all hell that I’ll drop to 97 before they let more people in
And it takes a LONG time for the ding of a FCW to go away. I was at 99 for 2 months, got an FCW, and dropped to 98. Since then I've driven over 100 miles with a perfect score but my overall score is still 98...:-(

may not be popular to say this, but now they've said they have 60k people using the beta, maybe they've decided they have enough beta drivers already? The overall number doesn't seemed to have increased in a while or at the very least new additions seem to have been much reduced.
I haven't seen any recent tweets from Elon that mention safety score in context with FSD - and given that his tweets were the only communication regarding safety score and beta admission...

• Informative
Reactions: pilotSteve
And it takes a LONG time for the ding of a FCW to go away. I was at 99 for 2 months, got an FCW, and dropped to 98. Since then I've driven over 100 miles with a perfect score but my overall score is still 98...:-(
The FCW isn’t what drops you down. It’s that says number and miles averaged out... I got a FCW with only a 20 mile drive, which meant a 85 score... but all my other scores are
may not be popular to say this, but now they've said they have 60k people using the beta, maybe they've decided they have enough beta drivers already? The overall number doesn't seemed to have increased in a while or at the very least new additions seem to have been much reduced.
I haven't seen any recent tweets from Elon that mention safety score in context with FSD - and given that his tweets were the only communication regarding safety score and beta admission...
i honestly think they would have the heart to tell us. We don’t get to drive our cars like they were built for.

Possibly. Given Tesla's disinclination to tell their customers anything, it certainly wouldn't surprise me if they decided to cut off the beta at the current fleet, and yet let thousands of their customers grow increasingly frustrated and angry trying to keep an arbitrary safety score at a level they were told would grant them inclusion.

I just wandered on this thread, but we got FSD with a 97 score. It was at that number for month+ At ~97, but got it Christmas Eve. It could have crept up to 98, but they take away the score once you get FSD! (Weird?). Anyway, it’s not all it is cracked up to be and TACC is now unusable with all the phantom braking and alarms

Reactions: Robotpedlr