Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Those with a 2020 LR/P that had a 322 mile EPA rated range, how many miles does your car now show at 100% charge?

How many miles does your 2020 LR / P show at 100% charge?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i have no idea why this was never patched out.
They were sold that way and they sold all three ranges in Performance trim. And they have EPA tests to back up.

These two things do not usually happen concurrently but they did here. 2020 Performance only; other vehicles like this are rare (or transient). There is still a bug for wheel selection on some of the later models apparently, has been mentioned recently in other threads. May only be an issue in Europe, no idea.

They were sold that way and they sold all three ranges in Performance trim. And they have EPA tests to back up.

These two things do not usually happen concurrently but they did here. 2020 Performance only; other vehicles like this are rare (or transient). There is still a bug for wheel selection on some of the later models apparently, has been mentioned recently in other threads. May only be an issue in Europe, no idea.

it just confuses things and I think teslafi cant handle that either and presumed you just lost a lot of range (and doesnt calibrate for the change in rated range)

Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
it just confuses things and I think teslafi cant handle that either and presumed you just lost a lot of range (and doesnt calibrate for the change in rated range)

Yep, such is life. I don’t know if there is the key info available in the API to figure this out. If projected range were available (it probably isn’t) then there would be no confusion - this number allows you to calculate the constant. There might be other ways too; this is just off the top of my head.

Another idea:
Since TeslaFi can see rated mile use and link it to Wh use on a trip-by-trip basis there’s really no reason they could not estimate the constant and then “snap” to the right value, and correct all their data. As I said there may be even easier ways with already accessible info in the API.

Anyway sorry off topic mostly. Just if you have a 2020 Performance make sure you set it to 18” before answering the poll.

Reactions: Mikecm1
Another idea:
Since TeslaFi can see rated mile use and link it to Wh use on a trip-by-trip basis there’s really no reason they could not estimate the constant and then “snap” to the right value, and correct all their data. As I said there may be even easier ways with already accessible info in the API.

Anyway sorry off topic mostly. Just if you have a 2020 Performance make sure you set it to 18” before answering the poll.

i think teslafi has a problem estimating battery discharges and charges- you can adjust the fudge factor so that consumption is correct (i.e. 1 rated km = 0.143wh for my car or whatever it is) but then the charging stats are wrong. In part the problem is that when you charge at 77km/hr on AC those 77km/hr use the full battery (so suddenly 1 rated km is 0.149wh). I am not actually sure what their default value is (i think 150w) - this is clearly wrong but they use it for discharge and charging. I have it set so at least my trip consumption is accurate, but in the past i payed my landlord for electricity used with 10% charge losses build in but the rated km recharged is obviously affected by the fudge factor and not accurate as it understates how much electricity went in the pack.

I just think the devs need to properly look at the batteries, rated range for each car and car generation and properly display consumption and rated range recharge and consumption.

I think theres still some issue with if you update the fudge factor it updates older drives but not older charges. all a bit confusing.

Last edited:
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life