Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Those with jump seats...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have you tried to store a child seat in the frunk? Not a baby sized seat, but for 2-3 yr old...where the seat has a bottom, and connected upright back...
im anticipating having this seat in my car like normal, but having to store it in frunk from time to time if I have extra adults in the car, and kids in the way back. Especially during summer, I don't think the jump seats will be standard spot for both kids. Not a deal breaker if it can't fit...but I was just wondering if others have tried. Thanks.

also, do your kids use the jump seats exclusively, or trade off into the regular back seat as well?

Last edited:
The Diono Radian most likely would fit in the frunk, as it folds up flat. Doubtful other car seats would fit, given their fixed L shape.

My daughter, 4 when I got the car a year and a half ago, 5 now, has gone through phases with regards to the rear facing jump seats. Initially she wouldn't sit in them, then she wanted to sit in them exclusively, now she likes to chose between them and her front facing car seat, but is OK with having to sit in a particular spot.

We've had our MS for 9 months and almost 18,000 miles so we do a lot of driving. I have two kiddos and they love the jump seats. They're 6 and 8. They like them because it's like their little oasis back their. It's their "spot" I can't see what's going on so they get their time until the car stops and when the cars in motion they cannot open the. Door (thanks Elon...safety!!!) anyhow I did fit a car seat in my frunk it was a friends the frunk is bigger than many give it credit for! That being said. If you out the car seat in hot here. You won't be able to put. Anything else in there tho...