Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Those with premium interior lights

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Muzzman1

Feb 8, 2014
Los Angeles
Has anyone else noticed the drivers under arm door light is only on while the door is open? Not on while driving.
Is that normal behavior?

Fixed!:
I swung by the service center, and sure enough they had swapped the two wires while repairing an air leak. Took them 10 mins. All good now. Thanks! @Firewired

Last edited:
I had the same same problem. The wiring harness connector for the ambient light and red door light are identical. Mine had the same behaviour and came backwards. They had to open the door panel and switch the wires and now it works fine.

I'm curious what color are folks overhead lights? I thought before getting mine they were going to be some super white and bright light but it's a much warmer color that I expected. Plenty bright, just curious what color tone others have.

I'm curious what color are folks overhead lights? I thought before getting mine they were going to be some super white and bright light but it's a much warmer color that I expected. Plenty bright, just curious what color tone others have.

Yes, my 34k VIN S85 had a very cold bluish LED (in the 10,000K range) in the domes and my 89k 85D & 90k P85D has very warm almost tungsten (2700K) feel LED's