TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Those with teen drivers- BMW driving school in Thermal, CA highly recommended

Discussion in 'Cars and Transportation' started by eye.surgeon, Apr 21, 2015.

1. eye.surgeon

eye.surgeon Member

My 16 yr old son and I just completed a 1 day driving skills course at the newly opened BMW performance driving school in Thermal, CA, just outside of Palm Springs. I highly recommend it for your teen drivers, it teaches them invaluable driving skills that go far beyond drivers ed. It's also a heck of a lot of fun for adults, we had a great time. He learned more about safe driving in 1 day than in the last year of driving, and also had a great time hooning M235i's around the race tracks there. There's been one in South Carolina for 15 years, so it's nice now to have a west coast option.

2. gg_got_a_tesla

gg_got_a_tesla Model S: VIN P65513, Model 3 Res Holder

Thanks for the tip! I'll be needing it in about 7 years :)

3. Jaff

Jaff Active Member

Won't you car be autonomously driven by then? :wink:

4. Kandiru

Kandiru Member

Mine will learn the hard way unless they start in an EV, little room for anything
    else but milking the ICE in a 90hp third hand Jetta:)

1078d2f0f09410a3f52e11.jpg

5. caddieo

caddieo Member

I can relate to this and highly recommend similar exposure for all drivers - even the "experienced" ones. As a BMW owner and club member in the last quarter of the last century, I spent a few summers participating in the local club's performance-honing events at a local track. At the appropriate time, I taught my son how to drive stick and he, too, started participating in the summer events. And in the 90's now being additionally an Audi owner and club member, I did the same with the local Audi club and shared the opportunities with my wife and daughter, albeit using automatic transmission. Which is why I never blink whenever one of them drives the MS.

6. ualdriver

ualdriver Member

What kind of safety training do they do and how much does it cost?

7. Beckler

Beckler Member

old-typewriter.jpg