Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Those WITHOUT AutoPilot - do you still see renders of cars on screen?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all-

When I got my 3 back in 2018, I used to see cars rendered in traffic on the left hand side of the screen below the speedometer. I can’t exactly recall when this happened, but it’s been at least a year or so since I last remember seeing them (I only use my car once or twice every month or two when I’m in town).

I don’t have basic or enhanced autopilot, so I’m wondering if Tesla made a change to the software that no longer shows me the renders of surrounding cars.

If you don’t have autopilot, let me know if you do still see the renders of surrounding cars.

Thanks!

Do you have “FSD visualization preview” enabled in settings?
Hello all-

When I got my 3 back in 2018, I used to see cars rendered in traffic on the left hand side of the screen below the speedometer. I can’t exactly recall when this happened, but it’s been at least a year or so since I last remember seeing them (I only use my car once or twice every month or two when I’m in town).

I don’t have basic or enhanced autopilot, so I’m wondering if Tesla made a change to the software that no longer shows me the renders of surrounding cars.

If you don’t have autopilot, let me know if you do still see the renders of surrounding cars.

Thanks!

I have no auto pilot, just regular dumb cruise control on my '18 MR3 and I see surrounding traffic on my display. There were odd occasions the cameras wouldn't work correctly and I would lose the visualizations as well as auto lights and wipers, but that was fixed when the car went to sleep and woke up again both times it happened, and that was a long time ago.