Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Thought I'd start a RN116X thread (group).

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just to add another data point for those waiting on their Model S (Long Range, not Plaid). Just got my VIN this morning.

Ordered 3/21/2022
Model S Long Range, Midnight Silver Metallic, 19" Wheels, Cream Interior, FSD.
RN11680XXXX.
Original Estimated Delivery was July 25-September 19
Then, around May, it became September 12-November 7
Then, around June, it became September 15-November 10
Then, around August, it became September 17-October 22
Then, later in August, it became September 21-October 12
Current Estimated Delivery is September 22-September 26
Dayton, Ohio, with delivery in Blue Ash (Cincinnati)
VIN Ending in 491XXX.

Hope that helps for anyone else in the waitlist.

Ordered Dec 19th
Originally EDD: Jun/July 22 Delivered Sept. 15th
RN116244

I was VERY anxious about accepting delivery because of all the issues I have heard and QC.

I definitely have a few items that need to be addressed like
1) Odd paint imperfections very minor by the rear trunk
2) Slight hood alignment needs to move over to the right a bit
3) Rear hatch needs to sit a little lower
4) The white trim under the cluster on both sides is wrinkled on the corner and slightly popping out on one side
5) White trim under passenger side above glove box isn't sitting flush along

These are the imperfections I caught during delivery but other than that it's great and wow does it drive nice so far. Definitely in honeymoon phase and not regretting my purchase at all for now. Very happy and delivery was very smooth and my advisor walked me through most of the cars features and explained very thoroughly.

Just hope SC appointment to fix these will be as smooth as delivery.

BTW One off-putting thing was prior to delivery day I received a call to confirm all the dd checklist items on my part. The advisor insisted on me coming to appt and signing before seeing the car and put up a lot of pressure. I wasn't comfortable with this in-case I wanted to reject because of QC. I suggested coming 30 minutes earlier and they were accommodating of that so as long as you want to check the car ahead of time just come a bit earlier to your appt.

20220915_211142.jpg

Reactions: BigDanSRQ
So my EDD just moved from Nov 23 to Sep 19..... what? Waiting for a call back to verify.

On another note - leaving on a cruise tomorrow morning.... arghhhhh.....

UPDATE: I had to say no to the delivery as it had to be next week.... and I'll be on the high seas. Bummer.

Last edited:
So my EDD just moved from Nov 23 to Sep 19..... what? Waiting for a call back to verify.

On another note - leaving on a cruise tomorrow morning.... arghhhhh.....

UPDATE: I had to say no to the delivery as it had to be next week.... and I'll be on the high seas. Bummer.
Same thing happen to me. I had to release the VIN the day before I departed. I go another VIN assigned about 8 days later. They must have taken into account my travel days because when I got my message to schedule delivery I only had a choice of 2 dates. The day I arrived and the following day. Enjoy your cruise.

Reactions: BigDanSRQ
I received my VIN yesterday. I started looking for insurance since that’s the next step. To my surprise my current insurance will go up $2k to $3,200 a year. Anyone in Pennsylvania can tell me if this is about right or am I being ripped off?
Just wondering how this worked out for you. We are waiting for out Model Y and trying to find insurance. We are in Bucks county.