Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Thoughts about a future change.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just curious, what changed in March, 2018 with the FST purchase?

Nothing- hence why I corrected him to 2019.

Up till Feb 2019 FSD was sold as basically level 5 driving for $3000 (if you bought prior to delivery) but with the understanding it might take a while to deliver it.

To be able to add it you had to first pay $5000 (again pre-delivery) for Enhanced Autopilot.

EAP gave you all the features post-Feb-2019 cars with FSD have today.

So adding FSD to those cars adds nothing right now.

There still, over 3 years since they began selling that original FSD, 0 additional functionality added by having bought it over EAP.

March 2019 and forward EAP no longer was available- only "basic" AP which was just TACC and single-lane autosteer... and all the OTHER features that used to be in EAP were now bundled into the new, much more expensive, FSD package.

Reactions: TomB985
Nothing- hence why I corrected him to 2019.

Up till Feb 2019 FSD was sold as basically level 5 driving for $3000 (if you bought prior to delivery) but with the understanding it might take a while to deliver it.

To be able to add it you had to first pay $5000 (again pre-delivery) for Enhanced Autopilot.

EAP gave you all the features post-Feb-2019 cars with FSD have today.

Gotcha, that makes sense. My car has EAP, and all the nifty stuff they’ve been releasing like enhanced summon works on mine. I suppose the HW 3.0 upgrade is something I’ll miss out on, though.

I’d love FSD if they can make it happen, but after seeing what the much-hyped Enhanced Summon looks like I’m not optimistic it’s coming as soon as we would like.