Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Thoughts about MYP uncorked more to beat competition?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MYP has had almost the same performance for a couple years now. The mach e gt damn near matches it… for less $$$.

Tesla has increased performance before because of new competition… what are you all’s thoughts on Tesla increasing it (soon)?

I think Brooks has done tests and assessed they’re holding power back… but that’s typical for Tesla.

Reactions: baldyloxx
The Mach-E GT only achieves its figures for a limited time then has to limit its power due to overheating. Not really competition at all.

MYP has had almost the same performance for a couple years now. The mach e gt damn near matches it… for less $$$.

Tesla has increased performance before because of new competition… what are you all’s thoughts on Tesla increasing it (soon)?

I think Brooks has done tests and assessed they’re holding power back… but that’s typical for Tesla.
Get the one you want. Want the fastest buy a M3P or model s plaid.

All are pretty nice. Think Tesla has the upper hand on charging and simplicity.

Tons of YT videos have head to head. Your call.

As much as I wanted to love the Mustang Mach E GT with Performance Package (what a mouthful of a name!) I have to say I was very disappointed in the 1/4 mile time. When it only give full power for a 5 second burst, it is not a contender at all, so I don't see any upgrade to the MYP in the near future.

Keith

Reactions: thinktwice
I think we might see a bump in the performance numbers once the front casting with structural battery packs (and 4680 batteries) come online. With a potential drop in weight of up to ~10%, that alone gives Tesla an easy option of improving the numbers.

I think we might see a bump in the performance numbers once the front casting with structural battery packs (and 4680 batteries) come online. With a potential drop in weight of up to ~10%, that alone gives Tesla an easy option of improving the numbers.
Agree with you. We have a MY on order. However, don't hold your breath on 4680 cells. SA has told me that 4680s will not be in this country for 2-3 years. First 4680s will be in Europe, and then in the US the 4680s will be allocated to the Tesla Semi first.

Power Boost for M Y Performance is desired.. or any other performance enhancement..

Why call it performance if you don't treat it as such? If there is opportunity to increase performance, DO IT!!

$0.02

Shoot, they havn't made any promises about an acceleration upgrade for the MYP... they DID say we would be getting track mode, and we never even got that!

Keith

Reactions: C-Bus Y