Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Thoughts after 2 weeks with new MS90

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We’ve had our Model S for 2 weeks now! Loving it. Here are some observations

We ordered our Model S 90D on October 11 and confirmed October 18, Went into production queue in November , into actual production late Nov. Built by Dec 4, and we took delivery Dec 13

Our configuration is obsidian black, pano roof, 19” slipstream, black textile seats, figured ash, black headliner, enhanced ap, smart air, premium interior, uhfs

Our previous experience with a Tesla was a 2013 60 rental. This car is quite an upgrade from that.

Textile seats – they were the standard seats when we ordered. My wife didn’t like the Next Gen seats. We are in our 50’s and 60’s and actually like the standard seats, tho would have prob upgraded to the now available premium seats had they been available our model when we ordered. We really like the seats, no regrets at all

Smart Air – did I mention we are older?!! Actually, really liking the ride. Love the steering wheel and the tight but comfortable ride. I really love the handling and feel very much in control of the road. This car is so fun to drive, reminding me of my youth when I drove Camaro’s for 10 years

Premium Interior – we kinda got cheated a bit on this without the NextGen seats, but enjoying the added lighting and power lift. I’m saying it’s worth it. Odd note, when car’s firmware was upgrade other day, we seemed to lose the height setting we made to the power lift

UHFS – We wanted Sirius XM, thus this option. Couple thoughts here. Slacker is better than expected and it has me questioning this upgrade. Sirius XM was difficult to setup as Sirius couldn’t find our ID. Once working, the terrible Tesla interface for Sirius was not welcome. Hoping for better. My prior car, a Hyundai 2012 Genesis, had a 17 speaker Lexicon sound system, It was great. Overall, the UHFS is better than expected. The sound is decent tho not perfect. The new 5 band equalizer helps some, as does turning off Dolby surround. Overall, I would prob get the upgraded sound again

Issues with car – on delivery I had my Xpel installer with me – he checked the paint closely and found one scratch on a front panel, maybe 1/8”+, horizontal, and at the bottom of front driver panel. It was a scratch to the surface, tho pretty hard to notice unless you look hard. Also a small speck blemish on rear panel. They said they would repaint either or both panels, but that it might take 4-6 weeks?! I felt like I was between a rock and a hard place. Wait forever for our new car, or accept a small blemish. I accepted it for now, it’s still listed as a concern. The speck on the back was “repaired” with touch up paint before we left. The repair wasn’t good, and I’m still not sure about how I will proceed

The other issue we’ve had so far are both front doors don’t close properly. They don’t close all the way shut unless you use a lot of force. A trip by the Tesla ranger didn’t fully solve it, tho the ranger was a great guy. We have a scheduled visit to the service center

I know this is a lengthy post, but hope some of the information is helpful

The other issue we’ve had so far are both front doors don’t close properly. They don’t close all the way shut unless you use a lot of force. A trip by the Tesla ranger didn’t fully solve it, tho the ranger was a great guy. We have a scheduled visit to the service center
I would be pretty concerned about it. For such an expensive car, doors not closing even after a ranger visit, is bad. What's going on with Tesla's manufacturing tolerances? I see lots of similar issues on brand new cars .....

We’ve had our Model S for 2 weeks now! Loving it. Here are some observations

We ordered our Model S 90D on October 11 and confirmed October 18, Went into production queue in November , into actual production late Nov. Built by Dec 4, and we took delivery Dec 13

Our configuration is obsidian black, pano roof, 19” slipstream, black textile seats, figured ash, black headliner, enhanced ap, smart air, premium interior, uhfs

Our previous experience with a Tesla was a 2013 60 rental. This car is quite an upgrade from that.

Textile seats – they were the standard seats when we ordered. My wife didn’t like the Next Gen seats. We are in our 50’s and 60’s and actually like the standard seats, tho would have prob upgraded to the now available premium seats had they been available our model when we ordered. We really like the seats, no regrets at all

Smart Air – did I mention we are older?!! Actually, really liking the ride. Love the steering wheel and the tight but comfortable ride. I really love the handling and feel very much in control of the road. This car is so fun to drive, reminding me of my youth when I drove Camaro’s for 10 years

Premium Interior – we kinda got cheated a bit on this without the NextGen seats, but enjoying the added lighting and power lift. I’m saying it’s worth it. Odd note, when car’s firmware was upgrade other day, we seemed to lose the height setting we made to the power lift

UHFS – We wanted Sirius XM, thus this option. Couple thoughts here. Slacker is better than expected and it has me questioning this upgrade. Sirius XM was difficult to setup as Sirius couldn’t find our ID. Once working, the terrible Tesla interface for Sirius was not welcome. Hoping for better. My prior car, a Hyundai 2012 Genesis, had a 17 speaker Lexicon sound system, It was great. Overall, the UHFS is better than expected. The sound is decent tho not perfect. The new 5 band equalizer helps some, as does turning off Dolby surround. Overall, I would prob get the upgraded sound again

Issues with car – on delivery I had my Xpel installer with me – he checked the paint closely and found one scratch on a front panel, maybe 1/8”+, horizontal, and at the bottom of front driver panel. It was a scratch to the surface, tho pretty hard to notice unless you look hard. Also a small speck blemish on rear panel. They said they would repaint either or both panels, but that it might take 4-6 weeks?! I felt like I was between a rock and a hard place. Wait forever for our new car, or accept a small blemish. I accepted it for now, it’s still listed as a concern. The speck on the back was “repaired” with touch up paint before we left. The repair wasn’t good, and I’m still not sure about how I will proceed

I know this is a lengthy post, but hope some of the information is helpful
My doors were hard to close for the first 2 or 3 weeks. Then they "broke in" and now are fine. Give them a little more time and see if the same happens on yours.