TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Thoughts? Ideas, insights welcome, On two things?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by iSpanglish, Nov 27, 2019.

1. iSpanglish

iSpanglish Member

1. Do you think it’d be reasonable to sell my model 3 lr rwd for like 40-44k or maybe lower depending? (white, premium int. Autopilot and FSD.

2. Do you believe we may see a refresh or the plaid model S and X and if so wouldn’t that knock down the pricing on the model S? I ask as I was looking towards a 2016 model s for the free supercharging w/ fsd orrrrrr. 2018 /19 if they are that much better I know sc wouldn’t transfer in those models, now so long the 2016 has fsd enabled on the car would It matter as I’d be in line for the upgrades as needed?

thanks for your thoughts / ideas.

mainly because I just like the way the over all model s looks ve model 3.
    Mostly a pleasure thing as i work from home.

2. Tam

Tam Well-Known Member

If I get another Tesla, I would get later year model for more up-to-date technology.

Latest tech for 2016 Model S is MCU1 and you don't have video recording features, nor caraoke, nor Tesla Theater...

• Like x 2
  3. iSpanglish

iSpanglish Member

Ahh booo lol didn’t know I thought it was at least ap2, thanks for the tip

4. Tam

Tam Well-Known Member

I know! I need to get rid of my 2017 Model X because it has AP2 (HW2.0), MCU1 and I can't stand watching people catch all kinds of stuff with their built-in Tesla Cam and Sentry Mode while I am missing all that and more (Caraoke and Theater...)

5. Ivan Abundance

Just a personal slant: I lost interest in an S when I saw one parked curbside in SF. Just too big for the practical world.

Delighted with the Model 3.

6. camalaio

camalaio Active Member

If you work from home and don't drive much, free Supercharging probably isn't a worthy compromise. Superchargers are already relatively cheap, it would be a shame to limit your purchases for something that may not be a large financial value to you.