Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Thoughts on a Used 2019 Model X Raven - REMAN Battery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
322401606_5758677310877813_8150486402512413435_n.jpg

Thank you forum members for your wisdom and experience. Figured I would put this out to the hive mind.

Put down some money to hold a used Model X that was bought from an auction down in Miami. The vehicle appeared nice, but as I drove up my driveway I noticed the lower front shielding was misaligned and there were scratches on the rocker panels. I saw nothing that looked like rust, re-spray or repair. The CarFax is clean.

Would a REMAN battery scare anyone off a used 2019 Model X with 33k miles on it?

The Dealer has offered to fix the rocker trim (which it is not unusual to see it scratched to be fair) and replace the rear tires which have camber wear.

I am a long time forum participant and Tesla fan with a Model 3. This Model X is something we would like to do. Am I concerned about nothing? How would I know what condition the battery pack is in? Might this be a REMAN out of a older vehicle with heavier use?

322339412_512818280685425_9008483225263730487_n.jpg

I don't know anything about REMAN packs.
Guessing you are on a 3 day window or something. I don't know if you know other X or S users tht may have the adapter connect and bluetooth OBDII connect to check the balance of the pack?
You could get scan my tesla and check the pack at different SOC levels for the high-to-low difference. ie. 10%, 50%, 100%
b0YP92q.jpg

Reactions: Proflig8tor
A reman pack just means that there was probably an issue with the original pack in the car and Tesla replaced it under the battery warranty. They almost always use refurbished packs so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

The pack will continue to be covered under the existing battery warranty.

Reactions: Proflig8tor