Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Thoughts on AP/FSD pricing for Q2 $

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

phantasms

Mr Self Destruct
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2019
White Mountains, NH
Needless to say Elon can’t lower the price under $7k because he promised it’ll never be lower.

He did mention in a tweet recently about again discounting Autopilot.

I do not have AP on my 2018 Model 3.

For AP it’s $3k and FSD is another $7k.

As other income will likely be needed in Q2 my suggestion is this.

1. Discount AP to $2k or whatever.
2. If one is like me and doesn’t have AP, make a buy FSD get AP for free deal. $7k all in instead of the current $10k.
3. Please allow it to be tied to the person and not the car. I’ll probably get a Model Y in Q2, then maybe swap the M3 with a plaid S a year later, then maybe swap the Y with a Cybertruck a couple years after that. There’s zero incentive for me to get FSD with the current setup, at any price.

Please make it easier for me to feed the beast in Q2.

Thanks!

Best,
Gene

Reactions: vickh and Zero CO2
X2 on linking FSD to the owner rather than the car. I like to trade up to a new car every couple of years (sometimes every year) but having to buy FSD every time keeps me from doing that with Tesla so they’re losing incremental sales from me. I’d even pay a little more for a perpetual, transferable FSD license.

Reactions: phantasms
I missed the 50% off FSD deal last year (not like it was well communicated IMO) and already paid $5k for EAP.

I would hope Tesla would try to stimulate revenue by doing another flash sale... I'll be watching this time.

I missed the 50% off FSD deal last year (not like it was well communicated IMO) and already paid $5k for EAP.

I would hope Tesla would try to stimulate revenue by doing another flash sale... I'll be watching this time.

Agreed. However, somewhere along the line Elon promised the FSD price would never be lower than it is now, and in fact will go up in a couple months. That's why I'm hoping for the buy FSD get AP for free deal.