Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Thoughts on ART Replica 171 wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Attachments

• 20191025_155753.jpg
    20191025_155753.jpg
    309.2 KB · Views: 1,050
Those who are looking at this wheel - ART Replica 171 -, it didn't fit on my 2019 Model 3 Dual Motor!! Yes, I thought it will, but it did not. Mechanic showed to me that it was not snug fit and moving around on hub! My model 3 build is Aug 2019, not sure something has changed from Tesla side on wheels, or ART/PMCtire sent me 'wrongly labelled' wheels. Contacted PMCTire and waiting their reply.

Or does this requires any extra hardware that they forgot to sent?

Anyone had any similar experience recently?

Those who are looking at this wheel - ART Replica 171 -, it didn't fit on my 2019 Model 3 Dual Motor!! Yes, I thought it will, but it did not. Mechanic showed to me that it was not snug fit and moving around on hub! My model 3 build is Aug 2019, not sure something has changed from Tesla side on wheels, or ART/PMCtire sent me 'wrongly labelled' wheels. Contacted PMCTire and waiting their reply.

Or does this requires any extra hardware that they forgot to sent?

Anyone had any similar experience recently?

You didn’t list which wheel size you got with your car. Maybe you upgraded to the 19’s?
I have a May 2018 RWD with stock 18’s and it fit perfectly.

If you upgraded to the 19’s, maybe they have a different hub size.

You didn’t list which wheel size you got with your car. Maybe you upgraded to the 19’s?
I have a May 2018 RWD with stock 18’s and it fit perfectly.

If you upgraded to the 19’s, maybe they have a different hub size.

Sorry, yea I forgot to mention. It is 18" only. After this fitment issue, I measured wheel center bore of the wheel and it is not 64.2mm as they claimed (in the label on the wheel), it is 70+mm. Could be a manufacturing/labeling defect and they sent me a 'performance' (P3D+) which has about 70.1mm wheel hub size per my knowledge.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: PearlShark
Ok, I thought I should give an update on this, so may be helpful for someone in the future if they face same issue.

Apparently the wheels I received had issues. I reached out to DAI for details and this is what they said (wheel spec):

The Art Replica 171 (R17118003 and also R17118001) is manufactured with a dual step center bore. The first is 71mm and the second is 64.1mm. We manufacture the wheel this way so it can fit on both the performance and non-performance models.

The depth of the 71mm center bore is 6mm. Both R17118003 and R17118001 have this step lip design. Once the wheel is put flush against the vehicle hub it should enter the 64.1 center bore.

The Model 3 standard cars has 8mm hub length, which means at least 2mm should be there to touch on 64.1mm part of the bore (8mm - 6mm). But in my case it didn't happen because the wheel I received seems to have 9mm bore depth for the initial part so my car hub will never touch the wheel 64.1mm bore part.

I didn't want to take another chance and hassles to exchange another set of same wheels hence returned these and went with Replika R241.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Knightshade
View attachment 416435 View attachment 416436 View attachment 416437 View attachment 416438 View attachment 416439 View attachment 416440 View attachment 416441
Just received mine today. Though others would appreciate some photos. The colour is lighter than the aero rims. They have good colour depth and a lot of metallic shimmer. The are a touch darker than I hoped (I like a silver wheel), but I really like them. I would describe the quality as good, but definitely not OEM quality. Only the face of the rim is painted gunmetal - the rest of the rim is painted black (a cost savings measure I assume). The rim I opened has a small cosmetic defect in the casting and there are a few specks of dust in the paint here and there. Overall, I’d say at this point that they are worth the price. The Tesla center caps will fit as will the Tesla lug nut caps. If you were hoping to buy Tesla logo decals for the included center caps, don’t bother. There is a large “ART” logo moulded in the plastic.
Where did you get tesla logo center cap?