Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Thoughts on AWD Timing?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I reserved late Dec 2017, got the invite along with the rest of the world end of June, placed my order and received confirmation June 30 (LR, AWD, PUP, EAP, 19”) and I have the dreaded Oct - Dec delivery window.

Anyone with an earlier window other than Sept - Nov? Thoughts or info on real world timing?

TIA (thx in advance)

Not sure what Tesla wants to do for Ontario (given the immediate expiry of the rebate), but i don't see the AWD timeframe changing. Now that we know Tesla hit 200k cars in the US in July, Tesla is going to push as many cars through in the US as possible to make sure its US customers benefit from the max refund. I don't think Tesla will prioritize Canadian deliveries again the way they did in June for BC and Ontario...

I originally put in for the AWD on June 27. It said 3-5 months. Once I came to the conclusion that there will be no rebate .. I decided to change it to the AWD 3P .. Changed it on line on July 8 ... It still said 3-5 months .. I called to ask why 3-5 and they said its 2-4 for the P .. also I confirmed I still get the free connectivity and I do.

Now the question will be will Tesla build the most expensive ones first to drive revenue? If so I would expect Canada will get the P’s in the timeframe.

PS .. we have an X100D and SP100D .. already ..