Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Thoughts on buying a new Model S today

Should I buy a new Model S?

• Life is short - buy a new current generation today!!!

Votes: 18 20.0%
  • Buy the Next Generation - it will be worth it.

Votes: 47 52.2%
  • Wait and buy certified used. Prices are about to drop once the Next Gen is released.

Votes: 10 11.1%
  • "Don't ever buy a new car." - Warren Buffett

Votes: 15 16.7%

• Total voters

SegSeg

Apr 5, 2021
Charleston, SC
I have been waiting for the refresh to come out and was ready to order. The only thing preventing me is the yoke wheel. Im old school. Hands at 10 and 2 and have to make u-turns etc.

For 100 bucks might as well get in line and see what happens. Reading alot of the forums here and it seems there is quite a love/hate with Tesla the company but all love Tesla the Car.

RobK

Feb 22, 2018
Overland Park, KS
Any news on when Tesla will start producing the refreshed Model S (LR)? I ordered mine on 3/10 and it still shows 10-14 weeks for delivery.

Sold our Model S 85 few days ago and now have to be a passenger in my wife's ICE car. Not sure what is worse - going in an ICE car or being a silent passenger?

• Funny
Reactions: Iain

RobK

Feb 22, 2018
Overland Park, KS
A bit disappointed that Elon Musk did not give clarity on the delivery of refreshed Model S/X cars other than "soon".

As I was curious I went to the Tesla website to see the delivery dates if one places an order now. The Plaid model S has a delivery date of June to July whereas the delivery dates for Model S (LR) shows as August to September. It seem that Tesla wants to build and sell their higher margin Model S Plaid first.

Hope they do not delay delivery dates of Model S (LR) cars for people who ordered earlier this year.

I wonder if their strategy is to see of people will jump from LR to Plaid if they delay the delivery of cars? For me Plaid really does not make sense.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC