Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Thoughts on buying a new Model S today

Should I buy a new Model S?

• Life is short - buy a new current generation today!!!

Votes: 18 19.8%
  • Buy the Next Generation - it will be worth it.

Votes: 48 52.7%
  • Wait and buy certified used. Prices are about to drop once the Next Gen is released.

Votes: 10 11.0%
  • "Don't ever buy a new car." - Warren Buffett

Votes: 15 16.5%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been waiting for the refresh to come out and was ready to order. The only thing preventing me is the yoke wheel. Im old school. Hands at 10 and 2 and have to make u-turns etc.

For 100 bucks might as well get in line and see what happens. Reading alot of the forums here and it seems there is quite a love/hate with Tesla the company but all love Tesla the Car.

Any news on when Tesla will start producing the refreshed Model S (LR)? I ordered mine on 3/10 and it still shows 10-14 weeks for delivery.

Sold our Model S 85 few days ago and now have to be a passenger in my wife's ICE car. Not sure what is worse - going in an ICE car or being a silent passenger?

• Funny
Reactions: Iain
A bit disappointed that Elon Musk did not give clarity on the delivery of refreshed Model S/X cars other than "soon".

As I was curious I went to the Tesla website to see the delivery dates if one places an order now. The Plaid model S has a delivery date of June to July whereas the delivery dates for Model S (LR) shows as August to September. It seem that Tesla wants to build and sell their higher margin Model S Plaid first.

Hope they do not delay delivery dates of Model S (LR) cars for people who ordered earlier this year.

I wonder if their strategy is to see of people will jump from LR to Plaid if they delay the delivery of cars? For me Plaid really does not make sense.