TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Thoughts on CPO that did not show an accident when purchased, but now shows.

Discussion in 'Model S' started by vesder21, Jun 14, 2017.

1. vesder21

vesder21 Member

Purchase a CPO 1.5 years ago and it had a clean record. Now while I'm in the process of upgrading and getting an estimate from Tesla for trade in, it show an accident that occurred a few months before I purchase and did not show on the CarFax.

Are there any ground for things in my favor? Tesla is great and said they would adjust to a trade in price without the accident, but my point is that I don't think I would have purchased the car knowing it was on there. Also the trade in value is very low due to the influx of high mile CPOs so is it worth fighting to get a few grand more?

Thoughts?

• Love x 1
  2. Krugerrand

Krugerrand Well-Known Member

Your point is no point. You drove the car for a year and a half with no issues despite it having been in an accident that you did not know about before purchasing. Only if the car's performance had suffered during the last year and a half based on an accident you didn't know about would your point be a point.

On top of that you've said Tesla is going to adjust the trade in price as if the car had no accident. I say you're already winning. The current influx of high mile CPOs is irrelevant as it would have happened regardless of you and your car's circumstances. And again, you've said Tesla is going to adjust the trade in price as if the car had no accident. Sounds more than fair to me. You win.

• Like x 9
    • Love x 2