Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • The final cut of TMC Podcast #34 is available now with topics timestamped. We covered Tesla's rollercoaster prices, Toyota pushing junk science, Mike's new Model 3, Optimizing track mode for snow driving, FSD V11 apparently coming by the end of this week, and more. You can watch and check out the chat replay on YouTube.

Thoughts on going for different brand tires for front vs rear (till rear tires are due for replacement) ?

Hi there,

I am a 2018 X 100D owner from PA and my OEM Contis on the front seem worn out and are due for replacement after 20K miles. Though I haven't specifically measured the tread wear but the rear ones seem good to last for atleast another 5 to 10K miles or so. I am looking to replace just the front with all season tires for now and after reading some reviews here am inclining towards going in for Scorpion Zero AS plus as my priorities are tread wear comfort and noise.

Can I go in for a combination of Scorpions in the front for a few thousand miles till the OEM Contis in the rear are due for replacement ? Any thoughts on going for Scorpion Verde v/s Scorpion Zero AS plus ?

Are there are any recommendations for non Tesla tire installers in the greater Philly area if I decide to order tires from Tirerack ?

~A

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC